Windows 10: My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

Discus and support My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So a few weeks ago, I got this nice laptop. Runs great, and is overall a fine piece of machinery. The only downside after 3-4 days, my mouse cursor,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChinamanRyan, May 12, 2019.

1. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

So a few weeks ago, I got this nice laptop. Runs great, and is overall a fine piece of machinery. The only downside after 3-4 days, my mouse cursor, while I'm asleep, just stops showing up. I do have a screensaver on, but usually when this happens, it doesn't show up either. I can still use the mouse, but the cursor is just invisible. I have tried looking for new driver updates, changing the cursor color scheme, enabling and disabling the mouse, but the only solution that kind of fixes it is a restart. Please help me find a fix for this that doesn't involve restarting my laptop every 3 days.

:)

ChinamanRyan, May 12, 2019

2. Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? hard to tell what I am doing

Hi, Last

My name is Milagros, Independent Advisor

If your mouse pointer or cursor disappears or has gone misisng on your Windows 10 PC then if you earlier enabled the Show location of pointer when I press Ctrl key option, then you may press the CTRL key to make te pointer appear. ... Open Control Panel > Mouse
    > Pointer Options

Solution 1. Use Windows Function Keys to Get the Disappearing Cursor Back in Windows 10

The installation of Windows 10 may disable the function of your mouse cursor, causing the mouse pointer missing on Windows 10. If that’s the case, it could be possibly resolved by pressing the Windows function keys on your keyboard.

Depending on your keyboard and mouse model, the Windows keys you should hit are varying from one to another. Thus you may try the following combinations to make your disappearing cursor back to visible in Windows 10: Fn + F3 / Fn + F5 / Fn + F9 / Fn + F11.

If using the Fn keys to retrieve the missing cursor doesn’t work for bringing the mouse cursor back, there could be some errors with your mouse driver in Windows 10. Since upgrading Windows OS sometimes leads to driver or software compatibility issue. To fit
    Windows 10 with the compatible mouse drivers, you might as well roll back your mouse driver or update it.

Solution 2. Update the Mouse Driver to Fix the Missing Cursor in Windows 10

Step 1. Press Windows + R keys altogether to bring out the Run box.

Step 2. Type devmgmt.msc and then hit Enter to open Device Manager

Step 3. Press Tab to switch to devices list.

Step 4. Use arrow keys to scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices and use the right arrow key to expand it.

Step 5. Use the down arrow key to select your mouse device.

Step 6. Press Shift + F10 open the context menu.

Step 7. Choose Update driver with arrow keys and hit Enter.

Step 8. Follow the on-screen installation instructions to finish the updates and then check whether the lost cursor or mouse not working issue persists on your Windows 10 laptop or desktop PC.

Good luck..

MilagrosM2020, May 12, 2019
  3. my cursor keeps disappearing

My cursor keeps disappearing to the upper left hand corner of the screen even while typing. It gets worse as the day progresses. Its making my computer impossible to use. I tried the suggested troubleshooting and reinstalling device drivers. Didn't work.

JoeEverett2, May 12, 2019
  4. Last Bit Win User

My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? hard to tell what I am doing

Mouse Cursor Keeps Disappearing? website is no help

Last Bit, May 12, 2019
Thema:

My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days?

1. My mouse cursor keeps disappearing after a few days? - Similar Threads - mouse cursor keeps

2. my mouse cursor disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse cursor disappeared after restart: hello my laptop updated to windows 11. after the updated it suddenly restarted and shut down so i turned it back on evrything was ok but the touchpad is not working even the touch pad option in mice and other pointing devices is not visible can you please provide a solution...
  3. my mouse cursor disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse cursor disappeared after restart: hello my laptop updated to windows 11. after the updated it suddenly restarted and shut down so i turned it back on evrything was ok but the touchpad is not working even the touch pad option in mice and other pointing devices is not visible can you please provide a solution...
  4. my mouse cursor disappeared after restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse cursor disappears.

Mouse cursor disappears.: Just recently my cursor has started disappearing in games and in Win 10. I have tried what has been told to others to fix this but nothing i try makes a difference. It does what it wants....
  6. Mouse Cursor Disappears

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Cursor Disappears: So I was using my computer for a few hours worked fine, turned it off and let it charge, when I turned it on again the mouse cursor disappeared, plugged in a wired mouse and it pops up, but when I unplug it, it disappeared again, someone help please. I’m on a laptop if that...
  7. Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cursor keeps disappearing but mouse is still on: If I leave my pc for about 10 minutes, the mouse cursor will disappear and disconnect, however my mouse lights up when it's connected to a USB port and the light stays on, light goes off when I take it out of the USB port. I bought my keyboard and mouse in a set and the...
  8. My cursor keeps disappearing

My cursor keeps disappearing: My cursor keeps disappearing, hitting Ctrl shows a circle where it should be but it doesn't show or work. I have to do a cold reboot to get it back, sometimes twice....
  9. My cursor keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My cursor keeps disappearing: So I use a custom cursor on my laptop but every time I use my touchscreen it disappears. I'm able to use it but I just can't see it. The only way I know how to fix it is to go back to my mouse settings and change it back to the custom. I've been looking up how to fix the...
  10. My cursor keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My cursor keeps disappearing: It's more complicated than that. I have a laptop with an external monitor, the laptop goes into Extended Project once in a while on its own and I'll "loose" my cursor over there. I also have an Ubuntu computer that I have set up using a program called Synergy that allows me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my mouse disappearing in chrome