Windows 10: My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

Discus and support My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my graphics card and noticed my mouse was stuttering and lagging whenever I moved it across the screen. The problem persists on the touchpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/merchtablesdaughter, Dec 26, 2019.

1. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

I updated my graphics card and noticed my mouse was stuttering and lagging whenever I moved it across the screen. The problem persists on the touchpad as well. This hasn’t happened before and I’m not sure how to troubleshoot this. Any help is appreciated!

Edit: Just to clarify, I’m sure updating my graphics card caused this problem, but I’m not sure how to solve it.

submitted by /u/merchtablesdaughter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/merchtablesdaughter, Dec 26, 2019

2. mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 26, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Dec 26, 2019
  4. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen? [​IMG]

My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen? [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Dec 26, 2019
Thema:

My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen?

1. My mouse/cursor stutters when I move it across the screen? - Similar Threads - mouse cursor stutters

2. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  3. Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor/pointer slowly moving across screen intermittently: At least twice a day the cursos on my screen starts slowly moving across and varying speed it can be a slow speed all the way or sometimes fast and slow. It is NOT anything to do with a mouse as I do not use one and all the google answers to my question relate it back to a...
  4. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  5. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  6. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Dual Screens, can't move mouse across when at the top of the screen.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual Screens, can't move mouse across when at the top of the screen.: When I move my cursor to the top of the screen and try moving from my main screen to my secondary vise versa, the cursor gets hung up on the first screen. This is super annoying at work because I find myself closing my left screen when it gets hung up right over the close...
  8. Mouse beeping when i move the cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse beeping when i move the cursor: A few days ago, I got a new laptop and a mouse. It is a Huawei Mouse Swift CD20 and it started beeping today. When I don't move the mouse, nothing happens but as soon as I move the cursor, the mouse starts beeping. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/JayCube26 [link]...
  9. When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    When pc wakes from sleep my cursor is moving across the screen: When my PC comes out of hybrid sleep the keyboard cursor moves from left to right (In any open window) as if Im holding down the spacebar, If a window isnt open Im unable to click on anything. Its worth mentioning that as soon as I hit enter or spacebar etc. it stops until of...
  10. Everytime when I move my mouse or my cursor, my computers starts to stutter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Everytime when I move my mouse or my cursor, my computers starts to stutter.: I really need help with this problem. Also, when I am playing Fortinte, when I open my inventory my whole computer starts to stutter and lag. Is there anyone that knows how to fix this issue. I have tried everything that I could, but no luck. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse stutters moving across screen

2. why is it that every time i move my mouse in game it stutters

3. sometimes my mouse stutters when moving it on the screen

4. mouse stuuters across the screen,
  5. when i move my mouse my computer stutters