Windows 10: my mouse does not work

Discus and support my mouse does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I connected a mouse to pc and it does not work ... it gets current but in device manager the driver is not found. How can i resolve my problem?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lmillart, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Lmillart Win User

my mouse does not work

I connected a mouse to pc and it does not work ... it gets current but in device manager the driver is not found.

How can i resolve my problem?

:)

Lmillart, Jul 20, 2019

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 20, 2019
  4. my mouse does not work

Designer Mouse Not Working

Hi Henry,

We understand that your Microsoft designer mouse is working on other devices but not on your Windows 10 PC. This can be an issue with an outdated mouse driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you update the device driver. Here's how:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

my mouse does not work

1. my mouse does not work - Similar Threads - mouse does

2. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  3. The cursor does not follow mouse movements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The cursor does not follow mouse movements: I have applied all the recommended solutions, that is:* change batteries* change surface* change mouse* reboot PCThe only recommendation I have not applied is "to go back to the installation in which the mouse was acting appropriately", since then I should only use bare...
  4. Why does my MS Surface mouse needs reinstalling every second day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my MS Surface mouse needs reinstalling every second day: I have read many tutorials on this at this seems to be a known problem from way back to 2020 it seems. My surface mouse stops working,, it shows connected in Bluetooth settings, but it does not work. I need to remove it from my system, restart the computer and re pair it...
  5. Why does my MS Surface mouse needs reinstalling every second day

Why does my MS Surface mouse needs reinstalling every second day: I have read many tutorials on this at this seems to be a known problem from way back to 2020 it seems. My surface mouse stops working,, it shows connected in Bluetooth settings, but it does not work. I need to remove it from my system, restart the computer and re pair it...
  6. Mouse cursor does not move past one of my two extended displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor does not move past one of my two extended displays: I am extending my Asus laptop's display to an external monitor via HDMI. Since yesterday I started experiencing a problem where my mouse cursor is not moving into the other display every time.This is occurring when using the track pad or a mouse connected via USB.When trying...
  7. Mouse cursor does not move past one of my two extended displays

Mouse cursor does not move past one of my two extended displays: I am extending my Asus laptop's display to an external monitor via HDMI. Since yesterday I started experiencing a problem where my mouse cursor is not moving into the other display every time.This is occurring when using the track pad or a mouse connected via USB.When trying...
  8. Why does my mouse keep going to the taskbar in a shooting game? Especially on roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse keep going to the taskbar in a shooting game? Especially on roblox: Hey recently i starte playing shooting games, I have noticed that on roblox especially when im playing shooting games and i look down or up my mouse cursor goes onto the taskbar ruining everything. Please can you fix this, Im looking forward to you getting back to me....
  9. Why does my mouse keep going to the taskbar in a shooting game? Especially on roblox

Why does my mouse keep going to the taskbar in a shooting game? Especially on roblox: Hey recently i starte playing shooting games, I have noticed that on roblox especially when im playing shooting games and i look down or up my mouse cursor goes onto the taskbar ruining everything. Please can you fix this, Im looking forward to you getting back to me....
  10. Remote Desktop for iPad & Modern Mobile Mouse - Middle mouse button does not work

Remote Desktop for iPad & Modern Mobile Mouse - Middle mouse button does not work: I'm using an iPad Pro 5. Gen. & iPadOS 17.3.1 and Microsoft Remote Desktop for working on a Windows 10 system. The mouse device is a Microsoft Modern Mobile Mouse. All is running fine, but the middle mouse button does not work. With another Remote Desktop system Jump Desktop...