Windows 10: My mouse goes busy at a specific point on screen.

Discus and support My mouse goes busy at a specific point on screen. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have been using Windows since January 2021, but for last 1-2 months, I am facing a strange issue. Whenever I work on my laptop my mouse goes busy on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shaurya Bajaj, Dec 16, 2021.

1. My mouse goes busy at a specific point on screen.

I have been using Windows since January 2021, but for last 1-2 months, I am facing a strange issue. Whenever I work on my laptop my mouse goes busy on a specific area on the screen. I am not able to figure out how to fix this. I resetted my pc, reinstalled mouse drivers but still I am facing this issue. But when I restart my laptop it gets fix but after some time it again happens. Could anyone help me to figure out way through this problem? I am on Windows 11 build 22000.348. I am in Windows Insider Beta Programme. Please help me fix this.... Thanks

:)

Shaurya Bajaj, Dec 16, 2021

2. In windows 10 my mouse is in busy

Hmmm... this makes me wonder if your PC is trying to process something and as a result it has your cursor in some constant state of busy. Let's try these steps (one at a time)...

Method: Clean boot your PC

How to perform a clean boot in Windows: How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

The goal of this step is to see if some other software is running on your PC that conflicts with your mouse. If this step resolves the issue the goal is to try to find the software that is conflicting and disable it, remove it, or update it so it no longer
    conflicts. Don't forget to reverse the steps of the clean boot when you are done trying this step.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

It could be possible that the touch pad is disabled and that is why the cursor is not working.

You may try connecting an external mouse and check if it works. If it works the next step would be to enable the touch pad. To know more about enabling touch pad refer the laptop manual.

Method 3: Update drivers using keyboard and check

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • In device manager go to Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on the mouse and update the drivers.

Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Method 4:
    Install the latest driver from the manufacture's website

Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Method 5:
    Temporarily uninstall your antivirus software

Important: Only do this if you know how to reinstall your antivirus software. You might need to have disks and product keys to reinstall your antivirus software.

There have been cases where antivirus software can cause users to lose their mouse. If you do this step you are doing it to test if antivirus software is the problem. If this troubleshooting step resolves the problem reinstall your
    antivirus software to see if the problem persists. If it does, try getting an updated copy of your antivirus software.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Dec 16, 2021
  3. Mouse will only select whole word, not specific point in word, and other issues.....

Hello,

I suggest you to update the keyboard and mouse drivers manually from
    Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Window logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboard option to update keyboard drivers and
      Mice and other pointing devices
      for mouse drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction and wait until the update is complete
    • After the update is complete, close the windows, connect the previously connected devices and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of keyboard and mouse not working on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 16, 2021
  4. My mouse goes busy at a specific point on screen.

Touch pad Mouse

The mouse driver can be outdated which causes the issue. To resolve this, we need to do several troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you update the mouse driver from the Device Manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 16, 2021
Thema:

My mouse goes busy at a specific point on screen.

1. My mouse goes busy at a specific point on screen. - Similar Threads - mouse goes busy

2. My laptop screen goes black whenever I touch a certain point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop screen goes black whenever I touch a certain point: A few weeks back, my laptop got hit by sth at an impact. The point of contact was at the bottom left on the back of the screen, near the power button and so we had to replace it because it was cracked. The new screen started out fine but a few days in, it started going black...
  3. Whenever I restart my PC, it goes back to a specific point. Also 0x800b0003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I restart my PC, it goes back to a specific point. Also 0x800b0003: I can do a number of things install/uninstall programs, visit different firefox tabs, advance my plex queue, only to have it all reverted back to a certain point I know because it remembers which browser tabs I had open When I reboot. Also, I am getting error 0x800b0003 in...
  4. Whenever I restart my PC, it goes back to a specific point. Also 0x800b0003

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whenever I restart my PC, it goes back to a specific point. Also 0x800b0003: I can do a number of things install/uninstall programs, visit different firefox tabs, advance my plex queue, only to have it all reverted back to a certain point I know because it remembers which browser tabs I had open When I reboot. Also, I am getting error 0x800b0003 in...
  5. Whenever I restart my PC, it goes back to a specific point. Also 0x800b0003

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. My mouse goes busy at a specific point on screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse goes busy at a specific point on screen.: I have been using Windows since January 2021, but for last 1-2 months, I am facing a strange issue. Whenever I work on my laptop my mouse goes busy on a specific area on the screen. I am not able to figure out how to fix this. I resetted my pc, reinstalled mouse drivers but...
  7. mouse goes off screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mouse goes off screen: in minecraft windows 10 edition when i play and look down my mouse goes off screen and opens my taskbar and if i look up then it opens the top bar where it shows options to exit, minimize, or "restore down" or whatever its supposed to be. i tried pretty much everything but...
  8. Screen Goes Black In Specific Scenarios Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Goes Black In Specific Scenarios Windows 10: As title says, my monitor screen will go black but only when I am doing very specific things. For instance, opening sound settings, then device properties instantly presents my monitor with a black screen but only when the window that I am looking at is in full screen. This...
  9. Screen freezes and mouse goes crazy.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freezes and mouse goes crazy.: Hello, I always try to solve this problems by myself but I cant with this one. A few weeks ago my computer started to freeze for a second every few minutes, it is not much but is anoying. And the mouse every few minutes too goes crazy and moves by itself. This happens in a...
  10. Connect to Specific Access Point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect to Specific Access Point: Hi. There are several Access Points at my home. The WiFi adapor in my notebook should always choose the one with the best reception, but it seems it's just too stupid to do that reliably. This results in bad bandwidth or worse, being disconnected again and again. Is there...