Windows 10: My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller

Discus and support My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Now i have to double click a lot of things for it to work. For example, when i click close on an application, it doesnt work, not until i have to click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AlpErdogan01, Jun 5, 2022.

1. My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller

Now i have to double click a lot of things for it to work. For example, when i click close on an application, it doesnt work, not until i have to click multiple times. It's almost as if the computer has to realise what im clicking. It's like it doesnt register the first click. It's like it has to switch focus. Im not sure how to explain it. For example, i kept clicking on the files icon bottom of the screen just to see if it would respond to my clicks, then after i close it, it doesnt work. I have to click it again.or a few more times. These types of things keep happening. My first click i

:)

AlpErdogan01, Jun 5, 2022

2. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jun 5, 2022
  3. Mouse in USB and trackpad not working

Hi Jonathan,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the possible reasons why trackpad or mouse in USB freezes when playing Minecraft. For us to properly assist you, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with your other games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Windows Store. To proceed, you may click the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Jun 5, 2022
  4. My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller

Usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hello Raj,

We understand your concern in this regard.

As I explained in my earlier response, the problem might be with the incompatible drivers or might be device compatibility on Windows 10. Suggest you to check if any yellow exclamation mark appears against the USB controllers. Press Windows logo key+ X,
    select Device Manager from the list. Spot and expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. Now see if you find any instance for connected Mouse or Keyboard or Card reader appears there. Double click on it to see the device working status.

Use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, and then click Run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Meanwhile go to computer manufacturer website and try to install chipset drivers. You can search them using device model number. Please refer the suggestion provided by Andre Da Costa from this link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Let us know to guide you further.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 5, 2022
Thema:

My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller

1. My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller - Similar Threads - mouse has changed

2. Mouse input won't work after playing some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse input won't work after playing some games: Hello!I've been having issues with my system for a while now, and i have no real idea how to fix it.Whenever I play certain games FFXIV is the main one this happens with currently, But it has also happened with things like new world, but not every game, I think the few games...
  3. Mouse input won't work after playing some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse input won't work after playing some games: Hello!I've been having issues with my system for a while now, and i have no real idea how to fix it.Whenever I play certain games FFXIV is the main one this happens with currently, But it has also happened with things like new world, but not every game, I think the few games...
  4. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  5. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

Mouse pointer lag after playing a games: Hi community,I have a strange problem I need help with. While playing games under Windows 10 on an iMac I get an extreme lag of the mouse pointer maybe after an hour of play, sometimes more, sometimes less. The lag is only with the mouse pointer, when i’m in first person mode...
  6. Mouse pointer lag after playing a games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller

My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller: Now i have to double click a lot of things for it to work. For example, when i click close on an application, it doesnt work, not until i have to click multiple times. It's almost as if the computer has to realise what im clicking. It's like it doesnt register the first...
  8. My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller

My mouse has changed how it works after ive played a game with a usb controller: Now i have to double click a lot of things for it to work. For example, when i click close on an application, it doesnt work, not until i have to click multiple times. It's almost as if the computer has to realise what im clicking. It's like it doesnt register the first...
  9. Mouse not working while playing some games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse not working while playing some games: My mouse doesn't work in some games. I already tried uptdating the drivers for my mouse but windows says there is no better drivers. submitted by /u/fixiufd3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/inllmt/mouse_not_working_while_playing_some_games/
  10. USB Game controller not working properly in P3D

USB Game controller not working properly in P3D: Hi everyone, I have an issue I'd like to ask about my USB. Game controller. When I plug it in, windows is seeing the game controller, but one of the buttons is On when it shouldnt be. If I try it on another computer, then it is as it should be, showing OFF. When I play...