Windows 10: My mouse has declared independence and all over the place - can't control it

Discus and support My mouse has declared independence and all over the place - can't control it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of a sudden -not sure of what the event was that triggered. It si all over the place. Even got a new mouse and the same thing is going on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hinge, Nov 25, 2019.

1. hinge Win User

My mouse has declared independence and all over the place - can't control it

All of a sudden -not sure of what the event was that triggered. It si all over the place. Even got a new mouse and the same thing is going on

:)

hinge, Nov 25, 2019

2. Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

Andre Da Costa, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

E for Excel, Nov 25, 2019
  4. My mouse has declared independence and all over the place - can't control it

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

My mouse has declared independence and all over the place - can't control it

1. My mouse has declared independence and all over the place - can't control it - Similar Threads - mouse has declared

2. My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.: Somehow my screen sizes and fonts have gotten all messed up. Some screens the font is almost too small to see. On others it is blown up so large that one word fills the screen. I have tried all the combinations of font size, screen magnification and nothing seems to bring it...
  3. My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fonts and screen sizes are all over the place.: Somehow my screen sizes and fonts have gotten all messed up. Some screens the font is almost too small to see. On others it is blown up so large that one word fills the screen. I have tried all the combinations of font size, screen magnification and nothing seems to bring it...
  4. Mouse jumping all over the place! clicking and rt clicking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse jumping all over the place! clicking and rt clicking: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlphaRuthlessBee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vfktc7/mouse_jumping_all_over_the_place_clicking_and_rt/
  5. File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File structure disorganized files are all over the place!!!: Files do not "save" as to designated file path. Files end up all over, completely hard to find anything. Files seem to move from location I want them put in despite checking the file path before "saving" to destination. It's awful, losing items between One Drive and Personal...
  6. Download speed all over the place

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Download speed all over the place: I have a windows 10 pc and downloading even the smallest things is a pain. One second I’ll be getting 1.2 mb/s and the next I’m getting 120 kb/s then it’ll shoot back up to 1.4 mb/s and the cycle continues. And the most surprising thing is that my ping and downloads speeds...
  7. Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Defender dates are all over the place.: Every time I manually update the definitions the dates and times mentioned are way off the mark. I am in Australia on the eastern seaboard and my time and date are correctly displayed in the bottom right. At 7:37pm 1/2/2020 I manually updated the definitions. Result...
  8. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...
  9. PC is lagging all over the place

in Windows 10 Support
    PC is lagging all over the place: My laptop is now about 6 years old. Has a core i3 5005u and an Nvidia 930m. It was all smooth sailing till like 2 months ago... Used to play fortnite pretty smoothly... But suddenly for two months everything is lagging. Can hardly run fortnite properly. It'll run consistently...
  10. Download Speeds All Over the Place D:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download Speeds All Over the Place D:: Basically, when I do a speed test on Ookla, I'm getting 50-55MBps Download speed and 3MBps upload speed. However, when I'm actually downloading things, it ranges from 1MBps - 6MBps. Please help! 47296