Windows 10: My mouse is acting up

Discus and support My mouse is acting up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Yesterday my mouse was acting up I cant click on anything in the start menu. But i can click on the start menu but cant open the programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ShammGod, Oct 7, 2019.

1. ShammGod Win User

My mouse is acting up

Hi

Yesterday my mouse was acting up

I cant click on anything in the start menu. But i can click on the start menu but cant open the programs

Anything that is secondary won't respond to my mouse

I can't double click to open anything. I either have to click 5 times or open with pinned apps

Anytime I open setting and click on anything, it takes me to the home page of setting.

What I recently did

Factory reset computer - didn't work

Unplug mouse/uninstall and reinstall - didn't work

Update computer and drivers - didn't work

Cmd restore health command - didn't work

:)

ShammGod, Oct 7, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Mouse Problem - scroll wheel on steroids!

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your mouse started acting this way after the update. We suggest you try to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to assist you in resolving this issue. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, the next step is to update your mouse driver. You can click on this article for the steps on how to
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Oct 7, 2019
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Jay Jap Win User

My mouse is acting up

Bluetooth mouse still freezes

Hello,

There are multiple possibilities why a Bluetooth mouse could act up. To assist you with your concern, you can try these following steps:

Method 1:

Check if the Bluetooth mouse and its Bluetooth adapter are working properly.

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    • Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    • Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    • Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adapter and mouse.

Method 2:

Check if you have installed all the updates on your computer. There are chances that you might get Bluetooth drivers through update:

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

My mouse is acting up

1. My mouse is acting up - Similar Threads - mouse acting

2. Controller acting as a mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller acting as a mouse: Help Controller acting as a mouse I do not have steam install using Xbox game pass I had the same issue before reinstalling windows this issue randomly started to happen...
  3. Controller acting as a mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Controller acting as a mouse: Help Controller acting as a mouse I do not have steam install using Xbox game pass I had the same issue before reinstalling windows this issue randomly started to happen...
  4. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  5. Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click

Why is my left arrow key acting like a left mouse click: i tried to hard reset the keyboard still didn't work. its a wired keyboard Razor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-left-arrow-key-acting-like-a-left-mouse/3e93c300-050b-45e8-9598-0bb78d0896f1
  6. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.: I have a Lenovo laptop with IntelR CeleronR N4120 1.10GHz CPU, 4G of RAM, and a 60G Drive. I use a corded optical mouse and a 4T external drive. I upgraded to Windows 11 after getting it new mid last year because it said it was compatible but had to revert to Windows 10 in...
  7. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.: I have a Lenovo laptop with IntelR CeleronR N4120 1.10GHz CPU, 4G of RAM, and a 60G Drive. I use a corded optical mouse and a 4T external drive. I upgraded to Windows 11 after getting it new mid last year because it said it was compatible but had to revert to Windows 10 in...
  8. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.: Since the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375, my mouse sometimes performs a double click instead of a single click.It happens with every mouse I connect to my PC ASUS TUF Dash F15...
  10. Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.

Windows 11: Mouse single click acts as a double click.: Since the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 2023-12 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based systems KB5033375, my mouse sometimes performs a double click instead of a single click.It happens with every mouse I connect to my PC ASUS TUF Dash F15...