Windows 10: My Mouse is Highlighting Everything

Discus and support My Mouse is Highlighting Everything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello,I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270. My mouse is highlighting everything; I even had to rewrite this question three times because my words were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DaffyDuckKangaroo, Sep 8, 2021.

1. My Mouse is Highlighting Everything

Hello,I have Windows 10 on a Thinkpad X270. My mouse is highlighting everything; I even had to rewrite this question three times because my words were being automatically highlighted and everything became a mishmash. Part of the time, there's a little "plus symbol" next to my mouse as I move it around. I am hoping this is the last time I'll have to rewrite this question. The mouse highlights everything on Google and everywhere else, even on the homescreen where it forms bluish rectangles. I just had half my question blued up and deleted, so I'm rewriting it again. I went into the Device Manage

:)

DaffyDuckKangaroo, Sep 8, 2021
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Issue Highlighting and copy Text selection with mouse

Hi DorothyKaltz,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Answer Community.

I recommend you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method: Highlighting and copy with mouse.

1. Click on the Windows logo
    2. Go to Settings
    3. Open the mouse & touchpad setting
    4. Turn off Scroll inactive windows
    5. Click on Advanced Mouse Options
    6. Adjust double click speed – (turning this setting down will help)

We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Sep 8, 2021
  3. Can't Highlight words or links.

Hello Mokhy,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this topic.

Please reply:

• Are you not able to highlight the text or link by dragging the left click of the mouse?

• Do you get options when you left click on the link or sentence?

I suggest you to drag over the sentence or link by holding the left button of the mouse and check if the issue is resolved. Right click on the mouse to show a list of options to do with the highlighted sentence or link.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance on the query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 8, 2021
  4. My Mouse is Highlighting Everything

In Windows 10, is there a way to get rid of the blue semi-highlighting on files the mouse pointer is hovering over?

Hi Bill,

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

My Mouse is Highlighting Everything

1. My Mouse is Highlighting Everything - Similar Threads - Mouse Highlighting Everything

2. Mouse Highlighted Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Highlighted Windows 11: If I press Ctrl twice in quick succession, my screen gets dark, except for the area around my mouse. I play a fair bit of games, so when this happens it is quite annoying. Anyone knows how to disable this?...
  3. Mouse Highlight Overlay issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Highlight Overlay issue: I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Surface tablet and got this image. It's code for the Mouse Highlight Overlay apparently. I decided to restore Windows 10 to hopefully fix it and nope. My install is broken now. Please advise how to fix this....
  4. Mouse Highlight Overlay issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Highlight Overlay issue: I upgraded to Windows 11 on my Surface tablet and got this image. It's code for the Mouse Highlight Overlay apparently. I decided to restore Windows 10 to hopefully fix it and nope. My install is broken now. Please advise how to fix this....
  5. When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything: So today i turn on my pc and my mouse starts highlighting everything doesn't matter if it's background, browser or a game - when i scroll it just like presses left button and it doesn't go away until i click.ClickLock is turned off. Both windows and drivers are updated.Thank...
  6. When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything: So today i turn on my pc and my mouse starts highlighting everything doesn't matter if it's background, browser or a game - when i scroll it just like presses left button and it doesn't go away until i click.ClickLock is turned off. Both windows and drivers are updated.Thank...
  7. When i scroll my mouse starts highlighting everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse is highlighting everything when I click

in Windows 10 News
    Mouse is highlighting everything when I click: [ATTACH]Some users are complaining that their mouse cursor highlights everything when they click. According to them, this issue is not associated with a particular application. When they work in Microsoft Word or in another similar application, their mouse cursor keeps...
  9. Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse automatically highlights and selects everything it passes by: Does anyone know how do disable option that automatically highlights and selects stuff ? I looked it up and many people said disabling stickykeys should help, disabled it and still doesn't work. Edit : I have a desktop submitted by /u/EnVyJabami [link] [comments]...
  10. Mouse highlighting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse highlighting: I'm on a windows 10 and I did a mistype and activated some weird command that highlights every damn thing I click please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-highlighting/2b551e32-bb65-4b6e-8fab-e3069f3c365a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse wont stop selecting