Windows 10: my mouse is lost.... AGAIN!!!

Discus and support my mouse is lost.... AGAIN!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, once again my mouse has disappeared when I got the update. Every time i get the current update my mouse, the drivers, and the option to even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danalord, Jun 29, 2020.

1. danalord Win User

my mouse is lost.... AGAIN!!!

So, once again my mouse has disappeared when I got the update.

Every time i get the current update my mouse, the drivers, and the option to even have a mouse in the "Device Manager" goes away.

EVERY TIME

That's right, every time an update slips through when i turn off the "metered connection" in my network controller and forget to turn it back on this happens. It use to happen every about every three months but then i turned on the "metered connection" option and it quit because i was no longer being forced to get the updates as soon as they came out. it seems that the latest update has not been fixed yet.

So here is my question.

How do i get my mouse back this time, and how do I prevent this from happening again, and again, and again...

I have red many posts on this recurring issue. It's not just me.

:)

danalord, Jun 29, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

Andre Da Costa, Jun 29, 2020
  4. my mouse is lost.... AGAIN!!!

Windows Update - Lost Mouse Control

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Device Manager

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

E for Excel, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

my mouse is lost.... AGAIN!!!

1. my mouse is lost.... AGAIN!!! - Similar Threads - mouse lost AGAIN

2. How to get my mouse to work again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get my mouse to work again?: My mouse used to work perfectly, but I downloaded something on steam related to an xbox controller, my laptop restarted and my mouse doesn’t work anymore!!!!...
  3. How to get my mouse to work again?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get my mouse to work again?: My mouse used to work perfectly, but I downloaded something on steam related to an xbox controller, my laptop restarted and my mouse doesn’t work anymore!!!!...
  4. mouse settings lost

in Windows 10 Support
    mouse settings lost: Hi everyone, I have two computers, a desktop and a laptot, both are running Windows 10 Pro ver. 20H2 and both have the same problem. I set the mouse pointer on a black one and saved the configuration, but, after each login (for example when windows asks for admin credentials...
  5. mouse again and again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse again and again: So I have looked for the answer to this problem so many places and times...my bluetooth mouse stops working...it says "paired" and even sometimes says "connected" but no it doesn't move the mouse on screen. Microsoft was asked this question as far back as win7 -> and...
  6. Bluetooth lost AGAIN

Bluetooth lost AGAIN: My BT functionality has disappeared after a W10 update, for the 3rd time. The first two times I was able to remedy the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in Device Manager. The BT does not show in Device Manager even when Show Hidden Devices is checked. Now...
  7. Lost password -- again

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost password -- again: April 12/2020: Discovered that my password no longer worked to sign in to my computer probably after another Microsoft Windows 10 update. Please fix this recurring problem. It's annoying....
  8. i lost my screen mouse

i lost my screen mouse: where is my mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-screen-mouse/ad2d4d97-fcfc-4e23-a536-22956921c9ee
  9. Mouse again

Mouse again: Err... My mouse is all over the place. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-again/46fba077-332f-4f35-8408-de5048227b5e
  10. Mouse receiver lost

Mouse receiver lost: My computer quit and I forgot to take my mouse receiver out before taking it to dump. Can I get a new receiver for it. Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-receiver-lost/30f41057-9629-4714-aa59-3eb8ba5368c9