Windows 10: My mouse is not moving smoothly?

Discus and support My mouse is not moving smoothly? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external mouse and my laptop trackpad. I can move my curser with my external mouse but whenever i use my trackpad, it gets stuck in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MonilMansukhani, Oct 25, 2021.

1. My mouse is not moving smoothly?

I have an external mouse and my laptop trackpad. I can move my curser with my external mouse but whenever i use my trackpad, it gets stuck in the middle of moving it scross the screen. As if it has dirt covering some part of the trackpad. I dont know if this is a software issue or some hardware isse as this laptop is only 2 years old.

:)

MonilMansukhani, Oct 25, 2021

2. mouse axis ''X'' is now ''Y'' and viceversa

Hi Richiesco,

I would suggest you to test the issue plugging in a different mouse and see if the issue persists.

You may also test the same mouse on a different computer and let us know the results.

I would also suggest you to follow these steps and test the issue:

• Click on Start.
    • Search for Ease of Access and click on Ease of Access mouse settings.
    • Turn on Use numeric keypad to move mouse around the screen.
    • Check if the mouse moves in the right direction when you use the numeric keypad on the keyboard.

Let us know if it helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Oct 25, 2021
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    mouse moving on its own win10

Hi,

Here are the possible reasons why your mouse cursor moving on its own:

• Driver issue
    • Software conflict

To resolve this issue, we suggest performing the following:

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

My mouse is not moving smoothly?

mouse moves and clicks on its own

Hi,

Regarding your concern about mouse issues, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless mouse?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cesar Castaño and other members on this

link
    and see if it will work.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

My mouse is not moving smoothly?

1. My mouse is not moving smoothly? - Similar Threads - mouse moving smoothly

2. Mouse scrolling in steps and not smoothly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling in steps and not smoothly: Hello. I hope someone can help fix this persistent problem I'm having. I suspect I have a problem with an IE setting as it has continued despite getting a new desktop. When I scroll with my mouse wheel, the page moves in steps and not smoothly. I have a Microsoft Comfort...
  3. Mouse scrolling in steps and not smoothly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scrolling in steps and not smoothly: Hello. I hope someone can help fix this persistent problem I'm having. I suspect I have a problem with an IE setting as it has continued despite getting a new desktop. When I scroll with my mouse wheel, the page moves in steps and not smoothly. I have a Microsoft Comfort...
  4. Mouse scrolling in steps and not smoothly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My mouse is not moving smoothly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse is not moving smoothly?: I have an external mouse and my laptop trackpad. I can move my curser with my external mouse but whenever i use my trackpad, it gets stuck in the middle of moving it scross the screen. As if it has dirt covering some part of the trackpad. I dont know if this is a software...
  6. My mouse is not moving smoothly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse is not moving smoothly?: I have an external mouse and my laptop trackpad. I can move my curser with my external mouse but whenever i use my trackpad, it gets stuck in the middle of moving it scross the screen. As if it has dirt covering some part of the trackpad. I dont know if this is a software...
  7. Application window moves artificially smooth and is lagged behind actual mouse movement.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application window moves artificially smooth and is lagged behind actual mouse movement.: Hey everyone I have a weird problem i have never encountered before... one of my applications is acting weird, when I grab the window and move it around the desktop it is extremely smooth not matching my actual mouse inputs and inputs also have .5-1 sec delay. This started...
  8. Minecraft mouse smooth issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft mouse smooth issue: Im nit sure what have happened but one say I decided to play minecraft and when I joined a game my mouse delley and smothness was VERY high even tho I played the day before and it was fine I did not change any settings I bearly can aim with the mouse I AM REFFERING TO...
  9. mouse not smooth, starts and stops when moving, windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse not smooth, starts and stops when moving, windows 10: Good morning. I have an issue with the wired mouse when I move it then it will freeze for a second and then move again. Also videos skip every few seconds. I have tried updateing the drivers for the mouse and video card AMD and it did not fix. Also have uninstalled...
  10. Mouse smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse smooth scrolling: Some screen asked me if I want smooth scrolling and I said yes and I hate it. I can't find that window back. I don't want smooth scrolling. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-smooth-scrolling/675577ca-3a8b-4939-b1ad-7ab54c86aaec