Windows 10: my mouse is not responding correctly when windows is busy copying files in the background

Discus and support my mouse is not responding correctly when windows is busy copying files in the background in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; … and as soon the files are moved or copied the mouse works again. How can I fix this? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MeSo2, Sep 30, 2019.

1. MeSo2 Win User

my mouse is not responding correctly when windows is busy copying files in the background

… and as soon the files are moved or copied the mouse works again.

How can I fix this?

Thank you.

:)

MeSo2, Sep 30, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 1, 2019
  4. my mouse is not responding correctly when windows is busy copying files in the background

In windows 10 my mouse is in busy

Hmmm... this makes me wonder if your PC is trying to process something and as a result it has your cursor in some constant state of busy. Let's try these steps (one at a time)...

Method: Clean boot your PC

How to perform a clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

The goal of this step is to see if some other software is running on your PC that conflicts with your mouse. If this step resolves the issue the goal is to try to find the software that is conflicting and disable it, remove it, or update it so it no longer
    conflicts. Don't forget to reverse the steps of the clean boot when you are done trying this step.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

It could be possible that the touch pad is disabled and that is why the cursor is not working.

You may try connecting an external mouse and check if it works. If it works the next step would be to enable the touch pad. To know more about enabling touch pad refer the laptop manual.

Method 3: Update drivers using keyboard and check

• Press Windows key + R key.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
    • In device manager go to Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on the mouse and update the drivers.

Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Method 4:
    Install the latest driver from the manufacture's website

Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Method 5:
    Temporarily uninstall your antivirus software

Important: Only do this if you know how to reinstall your antivirus software. You might need to have disks and product keys to reinstall your antivirus software.

There have been cases where antivirus software can cause users to lose their mouse. If you do this step you are doing it to test if antivirus software is the problem. If this troubleshooting step resolves the problem reinstall your
    antivirus software to see if the problem persists. If it does, try getting an updated copy of your antivirus software.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

my mouse is not responding correctly when windows is busy copying files in the background

1. my mouse is not responding correctly when windows is busy copying files in the background - Similar Threads - mouse responding correctly

2. Mouse not copying and pasting correctly, Drag and Drop issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not copying and pasting correctly, Drag and Drop issues.: Highlighting of text does not work correctlyWhen I attempt to highlight text and hold down the mouse button at where I want it to startThe following happens1. It does not highlight at all2. It may start to highlight 3 or 4 words in or several lines later then on releasing the...
  3. Mouse not copying and pasting correctly, Drag and Drop issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not copying and pasting correctly, Drag and Drop issues.: Highlighting of text does not work correctlyWhen I attempt to highlight text and hold down the mouse button at where I want it to startThe following happens1. It does not highlight at all2. It may start to highlight 3 or 4 words in or several lines later then on releasing the...
  4. Mouse not copying and pasting correctly, Drag and Drop issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 file copy status window not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file copy status window not responding: Whenever I copy or move files from USB to machine or another device after some time UI for file copy status dialog window seems to be not responding. It makes me difficult to understand whether all files are copied to the system or other devices? is there any remedy? P.S in...
  6. Windows 10 file copy status window not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 file copy status window not responding: Whenever I copy or move files from USB to machine or another device after some time UI for file copy status dialog window seems to be not responding. It makes me difficult to understand whether all files are copied to the system or other devices? is there any remedy? P.S in...
  7. Windows 10 file copy status window not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. windows background keeps not responding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows background keeps not responding: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/auzbxiy8q7791.png?width=1682&format=png&auto=webp&s=c2c84a1461acf31172c222b80aa36e69bb473e09 submitted by /u/DeepNoobed [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vibeun/windows_background_keeps_not_responding/
  9. Mouse is not copying and pasting correctly. It used to work before!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is not copying and pasting correctly. It used to work before!: Hi,My mouse is not working correctly. I checked whether I can update driver, but windows says I have the latest driver already. When I try to highlight and then drag to copy and paste, it behaves erratically.I moved usb port to a different port and it is still the same. Snip...
  10. File Explorer not responding correctly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not responding correctly.: It happened when I finished downloading Clip Studio Paint Pro EXIf I open File Explorer for the 1st time after turning on my computer, it loads files very slowly it doesn't even finish loading and none of the image icons pop up anymore.If I open File Explorer for a 2nd time,...