Windows 10: My Mouse is Slow with Excel -- Help!!!

Discus and support My Mouse is Slow with Excel -- Help!!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse's interaction with Excel is slow. For example, when I try to grab the edge of Excel to resize it, it doesnt grab it immediately. I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alaltec, Apr 8, 2019.

1. alaltec Win User

My Mouse is Slow with Excel -- Help!!!

My mouse's interaction with Excel is slow. For example, when I try to grab the edge of Excel to resize it, it doesnt grab it immediately. I need to grab and wait a sec before it grabs on. This doesnt happen with any other program.. only with Excel. I got a gaming machine running Wi 10 and MS Sculpt Comfort Mouse. How do i fix this?

:)

alaltec, Apr 8, 2019

2. Excel bug with mouse cursor

Recently my colleague noticed problem while working in Excel:

• when she is trying to select more cells it doesn't do it, it selects only one and drags it around
    • when she tries to click on cell to select it it appears as she double clicked it
    • when she wants to close document she can't, nothing happens (she can't close it on x or on File/Close, or right click on toolbar icon)

We have tried to change mouse but it's the same. And it happens only in Excel.

Any suggestion?

user596129, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Mouse pointer constantly has a wait circle.

Hello Denise,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue we need some information. Let us know the following.

• Which Office application do you face this issue with?

• Do you have the issue with all Office application or one or two?

Try opening one of your Office 2013 applications in the Safe Mode to check if an Add-In in the Office applications causes the issue.

Open Excel 2013 in the Safe Mode and check if you still have the mouse pointer flashing issue.

Follow the steps as suggested in the following Microsoft Article to open Excel 2013 applications in the Safe Mode:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/s...t-my-office-2013-application-HA104011864.aspx

Note: The above article lists steps for all Microsoft Office 2013 application/s, however, follow the steps to open the applications/programs in the Safe Mode for which you are experiencing the issue – in your case Excel 2013.
    You may also follow the same steps to open other Office 2013 applications in Safe Mode.

Once Excel have been opened in the Safe Mode, check if the mouse pointer still flashes or stops flashing.

Hope the above information helps.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Apr 8, 2019
  4. My Mouse is Slow with Excel -- Help!!!

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

My Mouse is Slow with Excel -- Help!!!

1. My Mouse is Slow with Excel -- Help!!! - Similar Threads - Mouse Slow Excel

2. My literal modern mobile mouse is too slow can anyone help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My literal modern mobile mouse is too slow can anyone help: So I bought the new modern mobile mouse which I thought it was gonna work but it didnt can you help me guys https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-literal-modern-mobile-mouse-is-too-slow-can/8254a184-94ab-4585-aa2a-1c4c8f3394ef
  3. Excel Help If poss!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Excel Help If poss!: Hey guys, Wondering if someone could shed some light. I use Win 10 Excel for reports in work. On my work laptop the formatting is fine. But if I open up the same file on my PC the formatting wigs out. Essentially it looks as though it has really large margins, that can't be...
  4. My Mouse is Slow with Excel 2019 -- Help!!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Mouse is Slow with Excel 2019 -- Help!!!: My mouse's interaction with Excel 2019 is slow. For example, when I try to grab the edge of Excel to resize it, it doesnt grab it immediately. I need to grab and wait a sec before it grabs on. This doesnt happen with any other program.. only with Excel. I got a gaming machine...
  5. Why Does My Mouse Lag with Excel????

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Why Does My Mouse Lag with Excel????: I have mouse lagging with Excel. I dont have this issue with any other program but Excel. Btw, I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It was recommended that I change the poll rate of the mouse. I was told this is done through 3rd party software. Is there a way to do this...
  6. Why Does My Mouse Lag with Excel????

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Does My Mouse Lag with Excel????: I have mouse lagging with Excel. I dont have this issue with any other program but Excel. Btw, I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It was recommended that I change the poll rate of the mouse. I was told this is done through 3rd party software. Is there a way to do this...
  7. Mouse Lagging in Excel

Mouse Lagging in Excel: I have mouse lagging with Excel. I dont have this issue with any other program but Excel. Btw, I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It was recommended that I change the poll rate of the mouse. I was told this is done through 3rd party software. Is there a way to do this...
  8. Mouse Lagging in Excel

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Lagging in Excel: I have mouse lagging with Excel. I dont have this issue with any other program but Excel. Btw, I got the Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse. It was recommended that I change the poll rate of the mouse. I was told this is done through 3rd party software. Is there a way to do this...
  9. Why is Excel Slow with My Mouse?

Why is Excel Slow with My Mouse?: My mouse's interaction with Excel is slow. For example, when I try to grab the edge of Excel to resize it, it doesnt grab it immediately. I need to grab and wait a sec before it grabs on. This doesnt happen with any other program including word and powerpoint. What do you...
  10. Why is Excel Slow with My Mouse?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Excel Slow with My Mouse?: My mouse's interaction with Excel is slow. For example, when I try to grab the edge of Excel to resize it, it doesnt grab it immediately. I need to grab and wait a sec before it grabs on. This doesnt happen with any other program including word and powerpoint. What do you...