Windows 10: my mouse isn't working the way it used to

Discus and support my mouse isn't working the way it used to in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; using w10p64, i've very recently noticed that something seems to have taken over control of the left and right clicks of my mouse, a logitech b100... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mipak, Aug 24, 2020.

1. mipak Win User

my mouse isn't working the way it used to

using w10p64, i've very recently noticed that something seems to have taken over control of the left and right clicks of my mouse, a logitech b100 mouse, more particularly when i'm working in file explorer ... in fact, only in explorer.

what used to happen when targeting say for example, an mp3, with the intention of re-naming it, i would single or double-click the file whereupon the characters would highlight itself and allow me to change the name after which a another click and the the highlight would vanish showing its new name. not only mp3's, same sort of proceedure working with txt, doc, pub, mp4, jpg, xls etc. ... in fact, now i come to think of it, probably any or all extensions that i'm working with would then carry on and activate in the particular programme it was linked to.

but, that was then.

now, i can't let the cursor go anyway near the file name ... i exaggerate a little ... for fear of it self-activating be it a photo, music, a film or whatever takes its fancy. it's driving me up the wall!!!

i've looked in settings but have been unable find any link to activate and possibly solve this problem. besides settings, there's about:config and other similar setting programmes within w10 but i wouldn't know where to look.

any help/suggestions please, would make my day.

:)

mipak, Aug 24, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Aug 24, 2020
  4. my mouse isn't working the way it used to

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

my mouse isn't working the way it used to

1. my mouse isn't working the way it used to - Similar Threads - mouse isn't working

2. My daughter laptop mouse isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My daughter laptop mouse isn't working: My daughter laptop mouse isn't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-daughter-laptop-mouse-isnt-working/242b16c0-9161-4475-8ccb-1a75621e6cea
  3. My daughter laptop mouse isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My daughter laptop mouse isn't working: My daughter laptop mouse isn't working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-daughter-laptop-mouse-isnt-working/242b16c0-9161-4475-8ccb-1a75621e6cea
  4. My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working: My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-click-on-mouse-isnt-working-but-my-right/26915520-a014-4ee7-910d-4cbb4fa695cc
  5. My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working: My left click on mouse isn't working but my right is working, what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-left-click-on-mouse-isnt-working-but-my-right/26915520-a014-4ee7-910d-4cbb4fa695cc
  6. my mouse isn't working the way it used to

in Windows 10 Support
    my mouse isn't working the way it used to: using w10p64, i've very recently noticed that something seems to have taken over control of the left and right clicks of my mouse, a logitech b100 mouse, more particularly when i'm working in file explorer ... in fact, only in explorer. what used to happen when targeting say...
  7. Mouse isn't working ?

Mouse isn't working ?: I'm very exhausted my mouse isn't working, Once in past I got help from this community regarding this same issue. But again mouse isn't responding. The few days back this problem showed up to me and I searched for the previous solution and it helps me but the thing is after...
  8. My mouse isn't working?

My mouse isn't working?: My mouse was working perfectly, then I just put it into sleep mode. Opened it up again and suddenly the mouse doesn't click when i do click, it changes to the scrolling cursor so its very hard to navigate anything and when I use chrome, mircosoft edge and firefox and try to...
  9. Keyboard Isn't Working. Is There A Way To Lock It?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Isn't Working. Is There A Way To Lock It?: I wonder if anyone can help me. My keyboard isn't working and the (home arrow) is jammed on. I'm using a wireless keyboard which is fine but the jammed key isn't helping. Does anyone know a way to lock the laptops keyboard? Thanks everyone....
  10. Mouse Wheel isn't working

Mouse Wheel isn't working: So recently my mouse wheel has slowly stopped working, and now it won't scroll down the page at all (but I can still click the middle mouse button and scroll that way). My Touch pad (I am on a laptop) still works fine, but it's not so easy to use it. I dunno the manufacturer,...