Windows 10: my mouse keeps freezing on my new laptop

Discus and support my mouse keeps freezing on my new laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i've bought a new laptop mainly to use for coursework purposes and it keeps freezing so i cant carry on with my coursework and its been happening ever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dannielle harris, Apr 26, 2020.

1. my mouse keeps freezing on my new laptop

i've bought a new laptop mainly to use for coursework purposes and it keeps freezing so i cant carry on with my coursework and its been happening ever since i bought the laptop

:)

dannielle harris, Apr 26, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Mouse cursor keeps freezing

Hi Colin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the following questions to help you further:

• When does the mouse freeze?
    • Are you using a USB mouse or touchpad of laptop?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

However, you can try updating the mouse driver and check if that resolves the issue. Follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10
    to update the mouse drivers.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Apr 26, 2020
  4. my mouse keeps freezing on my new laptop

mouse keeps freezing

Hi Larry,

In some instances, your mouse may keep on freezing if there are some pending updates on your Windows 10 PC. We suggest you install available Windows updates and check if that helps you. If the issue still persists, you may run
    Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers.

Update us with the outcome.

Jenicel Dri, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

my mouse keeps freezing on my new laptop

1. my mouse keeps freezing on my new laptop - Similar Threads - mouse keeps freezing

2. New laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop keeps freezing: I haveWINDOWS 11 i5 13420H16gb ram RTX 2050 idk what's the problem it's brand new and i tried other test all of it are good. idk what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-keeps-freezing/f7fb4b71-1cac-4e28-8076-f8bb755acdd2
  3. New laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop keeps freezing: I haveWINDOWS 11 i5 13420H16gb ram RTX 2050 idk what's the problem it's brand new and i tried other test all of it are good. idk what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-keeps-freezing/f7fb4b71-1cac-4e28-8076-f8bb755acdd2
  4. My mouse keeps freezing constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse keeps freezing constantly: I started randomly having issues with my USB mouse about five days ago. I will be scrolling or moving the pointer and it will suddenly freeze and stay that way for at least a minute. It is happening so frequently now that I can put the mouse arrow in a top corner, and it will...
  5. My mouse keeps freezing constantly

My mouse keeps freezing constantly: I started randomly having issues with my USB mouse about five days ago. I will be scrolling or moving the pointer and it will suddenly freeze and stay that way for at least a minute. It is happening so frequently now that I can put the mouse arrow in a top corner, and it will...
  6. My laptop keeps on freezing in middle.

My laptop keeps on freezing in middle.: I don't know what the issue is and its not like I'm using very high gpu or cpu intensive softwares. So everytime this happens i have to do a hard reset ....
  7. My Laptop Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Laptop Keeps Freezing: My laptop freezes randomly and requires a hard shutdown for it work. I have already factory reset, clean install, and downgrade. My windows 10 still freezes. I have done RAM checks and it's fine. Every driver is on the latest update. The only time it doesn't freeze is when I...
  8. New Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop keeps freezing: So i got a new laptop, and I was going to install a different ram stick that was 16gb instead of 4, and I put in another m.2 ssd, since the original was only 128gb. I have the motile 14 ryzen 3 in case anyone needs to know, but does anyone have any suggestions? I have seen...
  9. My mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse keeps freezing: My mouse keeps freezing. I uninstalled the mouse yesterday and it worked fine. Today it has frozen 3 times. I have Windows 10. Does anyone have another solution?...
  10. My mouse pointer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse pointer keeps freezing: So for about 8-9 months now, my mouse has kept stopping randomly on my screen, It's very annoying. I have tried everything I could find on the internet to fix the issue. I've changed the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse, I even reset my computer 3-4 times...