Windows 10: My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on...

Discus and support My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Everytime I scroll it just keeps middle mouse clicking so I would scroll regularly and have the fast scroll option my dragging my mouse down or up.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jayden Kong, Jun 9, 2023.

1. My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on...

Everytime I scroll it just keeps middle mouse clicking so I would scroll regularly and have the fast scroll option my dragging my mouse down or up. Also I have troubles trying to click on my google tabs.

:)

Jayden Kong, Jun 9, 2023

2. Middle mouse click toggles between windows - how to disable?

I'm currently using a Win 10 PC (21H2) and noticed something weird:

If I press and hold down the middle mouse button/mouse wheel and move the mouse slightly, usually the (e.g. browser) page scrolls down/up quickly but on this PC clicking the middle mouse button/mouse wheel opens a list of windows/apps that are currently open and clicking the button again toggles between these windows.

I already connected the same mouse to another Win 10 PC (20H2) and it does the regular fast scroll there.

I also checked the Win 10 mouse settings but didn't find any settings for the middle mouse button.

How do I disable the weird window toggle for the middle mouse button and enable the regular fast scrolling again?

NephEntary, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Steven611 Win User
    Middle click to scroll in Windows 10.

I have tried multiple mice and none of them will scroll in Windows 10 when I click the middle mouse/scroll wheel button. This works perfectly fine on windows 7, in almost every application or browser I can think of. This is not rolling the scroll wheel (that's
    fine) but *clicking* the scroll wheel and moving the mouse to scroll.

I have removed the mouse from the device manager and unplugged/replugged them and nothing will middle click or drag scroll. I downloaded a Firefox add-in and it worked (had a couple issues on some pages).

This is a new computer with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro version 1909.

The mouse is listed as a HID-compliant mouse and the driver is version 10.0.18362.1 dated 6/21/2006. Updating the driver does nothing.

There are no other mouse related program installed. This is a lost functionality of Windows 10.

Steven611, Jun 9, 2023
  4. annpalin Win User

My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on...

disable middle mouse button click - scroll wheel click

How can I disable the middle mouse button click (aka scroll wheel click) in windows 10?

I am asking because my grandmother has problems with her hand and she is often causing her to click the scroll-wheel when browsing the web or using various apps. I tried to explain that she can just do another scroll-wheel-click to get out of the universal-scroll
    (or whatever its called when you click the scroll-wheel when in Internet Explorer) but she frequently forgets.

We have two different mice available. One is a Logitech BT85 optical mouse, and the other is also an optical mouse which came with her new ACER computer. I tried the specific Logitech driver (setpoint or whatever its called) for the Logitech mouse, and
    it only offers various settings to configure the scroll-wheel and scroll-wheel-click, but no option to totally disable the scroll-wheel-click.

I am familiar with editing the windows registry for windows XP, so I was hoping that maybe there was a registry key or something similar in windows 10 that would basically allow me to set the scroll-wheel-click to "do nothing". That way if she clicks the
    scroll wheel it won't try to scroll or zoom or anything.

Matt Shokoff

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

annpalin, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on...

1. My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on... - Similar Threads - mouse keeps middle

2. Disable middle click scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable middle click scrolling: Windows 11.Whenever you middle click in something that can be scrolled, there's this annoying thing that takes over the mouse and starts scrolling.Did anyone put this through UX? It's utterly infuriating.Countless times I middle click for various reasons that never ever...
  3. Disable middle click scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable middle click scrolling: Windows 11.Whenever you middle click in something that can be scrolled, there's this annoying thing that takes over the mouse and starts scrolling.Did anyone put this through UX? It's utterly infuriating.Countless times I middle click for various reasons that never ever...
  4. My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on...: Everytime I scroll it just keeps middle mouse clicking so I would scroll regularly and have the fast scroll option my dragging my mouse down or up. Also I have troubles trying to click on my google tabs....
  5. My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on...

My mouse keeps middle mouse clicking while I scroll and sometimes I am not able to click on...: Everytime I scroll it just keeps middle mouse clicking so I would scroll regularly and have the fast scroll option my dragging my mouse down or up. Also I have troubles trying to click on my google tabs....
  6. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  7. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  8. Middle mouse button click not working

9. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue: I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be anyway to check or change the settings for this, although the settings that are available did not change. Reinstalling the...
  10. Mouse doesn't click sometimes

Mouse doesn't click sometimes: I have an issue with my mouse where it won't click sometimes, unless I ctrl+alt+delete+esc. But when I hop on a game if functions fine. Can anybody help me please? I also recently rebooted my pc recently and this has been happening before I did it....