Windows 10: My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop?

Discus and support My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently restore all the settings on my windows 10. Deleted all personal files and apps. Set to default. When the PC is set up. I usually like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WenkyYang, Aug 30, 2020.

1. WenkyYang Win User

My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop?

I recently restore all the settings on my windows 10. Deleted all personal files and apps. Set to default.

When the PC is set up. I usually like to right click the desktop and refresh it to make sure the PC is good to go. But after i restored my PC, and right click on the desktop, the mouse keeps spinning and remain spinning for a very long unusual time maybe like 5 min. then it shows the refresh option. After i click refresh and right click again, it continues for another 5 min spinning.

Nothing is running in the background. I have no clue WHY it keep spinning aka "busy"?

How to fix this? When it's spinning I couldn't click any icons on the desktop, but i could open the stuff pinned on my taskbar.... it's just the desktop spinning

:)

WenkyYang, Aug 30, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 30, 2020
  4. My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop?

Mouse

Hi Daryl,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>
      Startup Settings> Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse works, then update the Mouse driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the Mouse drivers
    in compatibility mode
    . Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop?

1. My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop? - Similar Threads - mouse keeps spinning

2. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  3. My mouse only moves when I right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse only moves when I right click: Im having this issue where my wireless mouse can only move when I hold right click. Does anyone know how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-only-moves-when-i-right-click/9e17af99-5133-47fb-b166-b74aa3ab9296
  4. My mouse only moves when I right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse only moves when I right click: Im having this issue where my wireless mouse can only move when I hold right click. Does anyone know how to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-only-moves-when-i-right-click/9e17af99-5133-47fb-b166-b74aa3ab9296
  5. How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11: Hi I would like to know how to fix something that has been happening Whenever i right click on my desktop it keeps loading forever when i go into another app it show up it takes around 5 min to show up i have done everything I have reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 to...
  6. How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix Right click keeps loading on desktop when right click Windows 11: Hi I would like to know how to fix something that has been happening Whenever i right click on my desktop it keeps loading forever when i go into another app it show up it takes around 5 min to show up i have done everything I have reset my pc and upgraded from windows 10 to...
  7. Mouse Keeps right clicking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Keeps right clicking: My logitech g402 mouse keeps right clicking and I cannot operate my computer. I tried plugging my old dell mouse to see if it was a problem with the logitech but I had the same issue. I have tried updateng windows to no avail, and am wondering what I should do next...
  8. After right click on desktop the cursor is spinning/turning around.

in Windows 10 Customization
    After right click on desktop the cursor is spinning/turning around.: After starting the pc i right click on my windows 10 laptop but the cursor is spinnig like something is loading. And it lasting more than 10 minute. I have already tried sfc/scannow command but no results. What can i do?? Should i reinstall the windows?? Is Repeated...
  9. mouse keeps randomly right clicking

mouse keeps randomly right clicking: so i bought a new computer and i noticed when i am online my right mouse will click on it's own and the right menu will show. this has never happened before with any other computer or mouse i have owned. i bought the same type of computer i had a few weeks ago and that mouse...
  10. Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.

Mouse keeps clicking everywhere. Right click at fault.: I have reset the Acer Aspire XC-603G desktop due to the mouse clicking on its own as well as right clicking. Reset done successfully. Mouse is better, but it's still right clicking on it's own. This is my mom's PC. Please help be of assistance. Thanks, 106899