Windows 10: my mouse pointer is not showing and my keyboard is not woking i can only use the keyboard...

Discus and support my mouse pointer is not showing and my keyboard is not woking i can only use the keyboard... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; use the keyboard on my touch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tiffanytalbert, Sep 8, 2018.

1. my mouse pointer is not showing and my keyboard is not woking i can only use the keyboard...

use the keyboard on my touch

:)

tiffanytalbert, Sep 8, 2018

2. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 8, 2018
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 8, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

my mouse pointer is not showing and my keyboard is not woking i can only use the keyboard...

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

my mouse pointer is not showing and my keyboard is not woking i can only use the keyboard...

1. my mouse pointer is not showing and my keyboard is not woking i can only use the keyboard... - Similar Threads - mouse pointer showing

2. I can only write using windoes key on my 60% keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can only write using windoes key on my 60% keyboard: I was chatting on discord when suddenly my keys started to open shortcuts, i ve lookd for a lot of vid son yt to try to fiit but i cant find anything. Now if i want to write i need to keep pressing the windows key to be able to write. HELP ME PLS...
  3. How can I sign into my One-Drive using ONLY THE KEYBOARD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I sign into my One-Drive using ONLY THE KEYBOARD?: I keep getting the message that my OneDrive is not signed on; but I am totally blind and cannot find a way to sign in using ONLY the KEYBOARD - ABSOLUTELY NO MOUSE!...
  4. How can I sign into my One-Drive using ONLY THE KEYBOARD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I sign into my One-Drive using ONLY THE KEYBOARD?: I keep getting the message that my OneDrive is not signed on; but I am totally blind and cannot find a way to sign in using ONLY the KEYBOARD - ABSOLUTELY NO MOUSE!...
  5. My mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse and keyboard: So i was watching YouTube on firefox and then when i try to open a new tab my mouse double clicks and its new even on a different mouse and keyboard buttons now are different the W key now goes back to the last page and also does it on different apps...
  6. My mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse and keyboard: So i was watching YouTube on firefox and then when i try to open a new tab my mouse double clicks and its new even on a different mouse and keyboard buttons now are different the W key now goes back to the last page and also does it on different apps...
  7. My mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse and keyboard not woking after update

Mouse and keyboard not woking after update: My lenovo desktop computer updated on December 9, 2020 when I turned it on today December 13 the keyboard and mouse no longer register.they are USB driven. I’ve changed the ports I’ve also tried them on another computer and they still work. they are a Dell keyboard and...
  9. My keyboard and pointer stop working

My keyboard and pointer stop working: My keyboard and pointer stop working on my surface pro 4. Please help to solve this problem! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-and-pointer-stop-working/2d125873-5d03-47bc-8c11-f988e0d6fec4
  10. How can I use a second keyboard for macros only, without interfering with my main keyboard ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I use a second keyboard for macros only, without interfering with my main keyboard ?: Hi people ! I'd like to use some kind of one-hand gaming keyboard (or a numpad keyboard) next to my main keyboard for macro keys only. The main idea is that it won't interfere at all with my main keyboard so I can keep using it without any problem. I watched some x-keys...