Windows 10: My mouse pointer keeps freezing

Discus and support My mouse pointer keeps freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So for about 8-9 months now, my mouse has kept stopping randomly on my screen, It's very annoying. I have tried everything I could find on the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Listennnuuhhhhh, Oct 12, 2018.

1. My mouse pointer keeps freezing

So for about 8-9 months now, my mouse has kept stopping randomly on my screen, It's very annoying. I have tried everything I could find on the internet to fix the issue. I've changed the settings, uninstalled and reinstalled my mouse, I even reset my computer 3-4 times completely clean. I don't get it. When it happens I can't tell if it's both my screen and my mouse that pause, I think both because sometimes I'll watch YouTube and it'll freeze along with the mouse. It's very frustrating and I really don't want to buy a brand new laptop. I've only had my laptop for maybe 2-3 years now. It didn't start happening till I updated it one day, can't remember the date, but I remember updating it and then when it finished my mouse was acting the way it has been for months now, even when I reset it completely. Could it be like a wire shortage or maybe internal damage of some sort. If you know anything, I would be glad to test it out. P.s. I have tried clean boot and safe mode and it still happens and I've updated my driver's and made sure they're all up to date.

:)

Listennnuuhhhhh, Oct 12, 2018

2. Mouse Pointer keeps freezing

I use Windows 10 on a Hewlett Packard Desktop. Why does my (Logitech) Mouse Pointer keep freezing on the page? The only way I can get it back is to reboot my computer which is a pain. Thanks Anne

AnneMcManus, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    pointer keeps on freezing hellllp and typing is slooooooowwww

Hi Alan,

We need to ask you few questions so we can help you with your concern:

• When you say that your pointer keeps on freezing, did you mean the mouse pointer or the cursor when you are typing?
    • When did this issue started to happen?
    • Are you using a certain program when this issue occurs?
    • Have you changed any settings on your computer prior to this?
    • Have you installed any programs that may caused this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Oct 12, 2018
  4. My mouse pointer keeps freezing

Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

My mouse pointer keeps freezing

1. My mouse pointer keeps freezing - Similar Threads - mouse pointer keeps

2. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Pointer Freezing: Twice today my mouse froze, a couple hours apart. I had to do a hard shutdown, restart, and then the mouse worked.why is that suddenly happening and can this be fixed?last week my motherboard and power supply went out, lucking Dell sent a tech over to fix it. Might that be a...
  3. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Pointer Freezing: Twice today my mouse froze, a couple hours apart. I had to do a hard shutdown, restart, and then the mouse worked.why is that suddenly happening and can this be fixed?last week my motherboard and power supply went out, lucking Dell sent a tech over to fix it. Might that be a...
  4. Mouse Pointer Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. mouse pointer keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse pointer keeps flickering: hi. just upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop. my mouse pointer has been fine in windows 10 and the busy blue circle fine too. since moving to 11. my laptop is idle nothing going on. yet the white mouse pointer keeps flickering and the blue circle with it. can someone tell me...
  6. mouse pointer keeps flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse pointer keeps flickering: hi. just upgraded to windows 11 on my laptop. my mouse pointer has been fine in windows 10 and the busy blue circle fine too. since moving to 11. my laptop is idle nothing going on. yet the white mouse pointer keeps flickering and the blue circle with it. can someone tell me...
  7. Freezing mouse pointer

Freezing mouse pointer: My Microsoft Precision Mouse pointer freezes from time to time when I have not used it for a shorter or longer time. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. If I pull out the transceiver and plug it in again, it usually unfreezes the mouse, but if not, and I move...
  8. Mouse pointer freezes

Mouse pointer freezes: Not all the time, but enough to make it annoying, my mouse pointer freezes if I move it across the page quickly. Sometimes it is only for 10-15 seconds - other times it's a lot longer. Sometimes I have to take the dongle out and put it back in the USB slot before it works. Is...
  9. Mouse pointer keeps disappearing

Mouse pointer keeps disappearing: I'm not sure what button is getting pushed or if I'm doing something wrong, but every so often with no warning or intent on my part, the mouse pointer disappears. It takes forever to get to settings to reset it because I can't see where it is. Is there a way to lock my...
  10. mouse pointer freezing

mouse pointer freezing: For the past few days, my mouse pointer has been randomly freezing, I have restarted, changed mice, etc to no avail. Windows 10 Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer-freezing/eb39e85b-f35a-4403-9951-413271fb3574