Windows 10: My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds

Discus and support My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, sine last July after I decided to reinstall Win10 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron15 3000) the mouse pointer started to stop every 1/ seconds. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alessandro1988V, Sep 5, 2018.

1. My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds

Hello, sine last July after I decided to reinstall Win10 on my laptop (Dell Inspiron15 3000) the mouse pointer started to stop every 1/ seconds.

I tried to update drivers, use dell update but nothing seems to work.

It happen both when I use the touch pad and/or the a wireless device but not when i make multiple file selection using the touchscreen.

I also checked the task manager, and all the values seems to be in as always. The only thing I notices is that when i move the mouse the System application use more CPU power.

If someone knows how to solve it, please help me, it is really annoying and time consuming.

:)

Alessandro1988V, Sep 5, 2018

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 5, 2018
  3. mrmike Win User
    Mouse Pointer Sticking

Every 5/10 minutes, my mouse pointer keeps sticking, for around 1 second, then jumps to where it should have been. It's almost as if the pointer isn't actually sticking but the screen isn't updating. This started happening after upgrading to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

mrmike, Sep 5, 2018
  4. My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds

Spinning blue circle next to mouse pointer

This is an incredibly frustrating issue. I do a lot of screen capture recordings and I can't have my mouse arrow popping up a blue circle every 4 to 5 seconds. I'm not sure exactly when this started for me, but now that I'm ready to do some more recording
    I'm noticing it constantly.

Here's a solution I've found to at least stop the blue circle:

• Start with the Microsoft suggestion of going to the mouse properties.
    • Click on the "Pointers" tab.
    • Select the "Working In Background" pointer and click on "Browse"
    • Select the first mouse arrow option (the one that looks like a normal mouse arrow)
    This doesn't get rid of whatever is causing the system to have to keep working in the background, but it will at least make the blue circle stop popping up.

J Buchmann, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds

1. My mouse pointer stops every 1/2 seconds - Similar Threads - mouse pointer stops

2. My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds: There used to be a beeping sound every 15 seconds as if you've unplugged and plugged back in a USB followed by it freezing for a second, but once i restarted my pc the beeping sound went away but it still freezes for a second. I just bought new RAM thinking thats the issue,...
  3. blue circle next to mouse pointer blinks every few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    blue circle next to mouse pointer blinks every few seconds: The blue circle appearing next to the mouse pointer on my PC screen blinks for a fraction of a second, persistently and regularly about every 5 seconds. I suppose this indicates some background activity, but it would be nice to know what it is exactly. Following some advice...
  4. Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then: Just like the title says, no matter what keyboard or mouse that I use (or USB ports) it always will randomly stop, for example the mouse will suddenly become unresponsive but then work fine for ~15 seconds or more. Edit: the sound also begins to freeze/stutter when the mouse...
  5. Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge periodically refreshes every 1 - 2 seconds: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 Pro desktop with a new ASUS motherboard with 32GB RAM, NVIDIA display adapter, and a 1TB SSD. I continue to utilize a secondary 500GB scratch hard drive and two HP LV2311 monitors. I also use a 2TB USB data volume and an 8TB USB backup...
  6. Mouse jitters every 1-3 seconds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse jitters every 1-3 seconds: If I moved my mouse continuously around the desktop every 1-3 a trail will be left behind. As if my mouse skipped a few frames. Any fix for this? submitted by /u/byalkou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwhbvd/mouse_jitters_every_13_seconds/
  7. My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. A random freeze happens for about five seconds every minute or two. It is like when you are typing, working or surfing then this freeze happens, the pc receives what I am typing but postponing the letters to show/ the clicking to happen...
  8. second mouse pointer

second mouse pointer: for about 2 weeks now after some updates my Surface has been taking ages to boot. when it is finally running there is a second mouse pointer in a light circle on the display. it goes away after a while but the time varies...
  9. Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen plus pointer alternates every 2 seconds: Every 2 sec it shows a few symbols along the bottom of the screen and a "wait" hourglass before changing back again. This is after successful log-in followed by a prolonged "welcome" screen. I can get to Task Manager, but can't see anything there that I understand - yes, an...
  10. Mouse pointer randomly stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer randomly stops: For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7. The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently. Demonstration:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse freezing EVERY 2 SECONDS

2. what if your mouse stops every second

3. why does my dell laptop touchpad stall every 2 seconds

4. my cursor stucks for a while in every second,
  5. mouse freezing every two seconds,
  6. mouse freeze every 2 econds fi,
  7. mouse pointer stops every 2 seconds