Windows 10: my mouse randomly slows and quickens by itself when playing games

Discus and support my mouse randomly slows and quickens by itself when playing games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm writing to you regarding a problem I have been facing for some time now, exactly since January. Everytime I try to play any game, my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Benjamín Oliver Šenkyřík, Jul 19, 2020.

1. my mouse randomly slows and quickens by itself when playing games

Hi,
    I'm writing to you regarding a problem I have been facing for some time now, exactly since January. Everytime I try to play any game, my mouse starts, I would call it „stuttering“, for no reason at all. And because I mainly play FPS games, in which I need to move my mouse quickly, it's even more frustrating. I will try to describe my problem more closely to you. While playing, my mouse for the most of the time moves how it's supposed to, but sometimes, it randomly starts moving slowly or quickly. This problem is very annoying especially at times, when I need to turn around quickly. Ironically, the mouse usually slows. What's intereting is that, this problem is occuring only in games and not in the Windows or on a browser. Because I own multiple mouses, I tried to switch one for another, but it seems to have no impact on this ongoing issue. I would appreciate if you could help me fix it, thanks.

:)

Benjamín Oliver Šenkyřík, Jul 19, 2020

2. my pc turns of randomly when playing games

my pc turns of randomly when playing games

McpeHDblitz, Jul 19, 2020
  3. My mouse is acting up.

My mouse is acting up, and it is randomly stopping / slowing down, and it gets irritating when I am playing FPS games. Is there a way to stop this?

GenericWindowsUserAU, Jul 19, 2020
  4. my mouse randomly slows and quickens by itself when playing games

Right click changes to left on the mouse while playing games

Hi Armen,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Do you face this issue only when playing games?
    • If yes, does it happen only to a specific game?
    • Other than changing your mouse, did you make any other changes prior to the issue?

As per the information that you have provided, I would suggest that you follow the steps below to help us narrow down the issue.

Method 1:

Connect another mouse to your PC, perform the same task and check. You may also randomly click without lunching the game to check if the issue occurs only during game play.

Method 2:

If the issue persist in both the above stated scenario, I would suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and check. Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your
    PC.

Note: You will not be able to launch the game in Safe Mode. However, I would recommend that you randomly click and check if the same issue occurs.

Click on the link below to learn how to place your PC in this mode

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10 -
    Windows Help

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

my mouse randomly slows and quickens by itself when playing games

1. my mouse randomly slows and quickens by itself when playing games - Similar Threads - mouse randomly slows

2. Random Stuttering When playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Stuttering When playing games: While playing games, I experience significant FPS drops, resulting in stuttering that lasts for around 10 seconds before returning to normal. I suspect this issue began after a Windows update. I attempted to troubleshoot the Windows update, and although it detected an error...
  3. Random Stuttering When playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Stuttering When playing games: While playing games, I experience significant FPS drops, resulting in stuttering that lasts for around 10 seconds before returning to normal. I suspect this issue began after a Windows update. I attempted to troubleshoot the Windows update, and although it detected an error...
  4. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  5. Random crashes when playing games

Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  6. Random restart when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restart when playing games: this problem had been persist for 1 year, my pc sometime suddenly restart when playing games. tried all things including replacing the PSU but no change at all. here i present my event logs and my pc data, hope you can help....
  7. Random restart when playing games

Random restart when playing games: this problem had been persist for 1 year, my pc sometime suddenly restart when playing games. tried all things including replacing the PSU but no change at all. here i present my event logs and my pc data, hope you can help....
  8. Quicken runs slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Quicken runs slow: My quicken 2017 suddenly runs really slow, but when I created a second user in the windows 10, the quicken program runs normal with the same set of data as for the first(administrator) user. Is this a problem of the quicken program or the windows 10....
  9. Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.: Hey boys. I am reasonably new to the computer world within this. I have a huge problem since I have got windows 10 installed. I have almost tried everything and have gone completely out of ideas. The problem is when I start playing a game, it can run from 1 to 4 hours and...
  10. Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Support
    Restarting my computer randomly when playing games.: Hey boys. I am reasonably new to the computer world within this. I have a huge problem since I have got windows 10 installed. I have almost tried everything and have gone completely out of ideas. The problem is when I start playing a game, it can run from 1 to 4 hours and...