Windows 10: my mouse setting keeps changing why

Discus and support my mouse setting keeps changing why in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i cant keep my mouse setting it keeps reverting back to the default why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BILLKEYS, Jan 28, 2019.

1. BILLKEYS Win User

my mouse setting keeps changing why

i cant keep my mouse setting it keeps reverting back to the default why.

:)

BILLKEYS, Jan 28, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Mouse Settings Keep Changing

Hi,

One of the possible reasons that this issue occurs is due to outdated mouse driver or corrupter system files. To resolve this issue, we recommend you to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button then select Control Panel.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If issue persists, follow these steps to update or uninstall your driver:

• Click the Start button, type “device manager” in the search box and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, double-click Mice and other pointing devices and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver
      or Uninstall, and then follow the instructions.

Note: If you uninstall your driver, just restart your computer for the device to be installed automatically.

Update us with the outcome

Efraim Gar, Jan 28, 2019
  4. my mouse setting keeps changing why

Mouse Settings

Hi Gary,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Is the issue the same when using other applications?

Meanwhile, to troubleshoot the issue with a mouse that clicks automatically when hovering it on a button, try these steps:

• Go to Control Panel and click Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access Center, click Change how your mouse works.
    • On the "Make it easier to manage windows" section, uncheck the box beside "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse".
    • Click Apply.

Keep us posted with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

my mouse setting keeps changing why

1. my mouse setting keeps changing why - Similar Threads - mouse setting keeps

2. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?: My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my...
  3. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?: My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my...
  4. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why do my print settings/alignment keep changing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do my print settings/alignment keep changing?: I print weekly on the same pre-printed check stock and the text keeps moving down a bit. Now the name is under the "Pay to the Order of" line....
  6. Why do my print settings/alignment keep changing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do my print settings/alignment keep changing?: I print weekly on the same pre-printed check stock and the text keeps moving down a bit. Now the name is under the "Pay to the Order of" line....
  7. Why do my print settings/alignment keep changing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Mouse scroll setting keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse scroll setting keeps changing: I prefer to keep my mouse scroll set to 3 lines in my windows 10 desktop. But the system randomly increases it to something like 11 or 19. I bring it back to 3. But it does not stay more than a few hours. Please help. This is what Windows does: [ATTACH] I change it back...
  9. Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does Windows10 keep changing my power settings: I seem to locked in a deadly struggle with Windows10 over the power settings on a new PC. I do not want the screen going to sleep. I do not want the machine to hibernate. Yet, every week or so - this week now TWICE - Windows10 has reset my PC so the screen goes black after...
  10. Changing mouse settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing mouse settings: My mouse cursor works incorrectly. It highlights everything it touches, opens unnecessary links and hovers the places I don’t want to. I want to stop it permanently so I ask your advice how to solve this problem using Registry...