Windows 10: my mouse suddenly started doing this, I've changed ports, cleaned it, help

Discus and support my mouse suddenly started doing this, I've changed ports, cleaned it, help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Wraithmainbtwxd [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Wraithmainbtwxd, Nov 25, 2020.

1. my mouse suddenly started doing this, I've changed ports, cleaned it, help

/u/Wraithmainbtwxd, Nov 25, 2020

2. Wireless Mouse stops working when external HDD plugged in to USB3 port

I have a minor but annoying problem and can't find a solution....

My wireless mouse stops working when an external USB3 HDD is plugged in to USB3 port. The mouse is about 3 feet away from the receiver.

My mouse is a Logitech M310.

• I don't have the problem if a USB 2 external HDD is connected to either a USB2 or USB3 port.
    • I have moved the mouse receiver to different ports on both the front and back of the computer but this doesn't change anything.
    • If I move the mouse very close to the receiver (a couple of inches), it works so it seems that the wireless range is reduced when the USB3 HDD is plugged in.
    • If I connect a wired mouse, it works fine.
    • I have 2 USB3 ports and the problem is the same on both.
    • If the USB3 HDD is connected to a USB2 port, the mouse works normally.
    • I changed the battery in the mouse but this didn't help.
    • the USB3 HDD is a WD Passport that is self powered through the USB port.

Any suggestions?

dsscottage, Nov 25, 2020
  3. mouse is so laggy suddenly

Hi,

To better assist you, please clarify the following:

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse and check if it makes any difference?

Meanwhile, you can check on this
    link
    . We suggest that you also try to follow the steps provided and update us with the result.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Nov 25, 2020
  4. my mouse suddenly started doing this, I've changed ports, cleaned it, help

USB ports suddenly not working...

Mouse and keyboard are suddenly on strike because suddenly my USB ports are dead. I really don't know how that happened, tried everything to get them all working again... And did I mention that the mouse pointer is gone too? Tried several keyboards and mice, to no avail...

Please do help me!!

RingTailCoon, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

my mouse suddenly started doing this, I've changed ports, cleaned it, help

1. my mouse suddenly started doing this, I've changed ports, cleaned it, help - Similar Threads - mouse suddenly started

2. Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!: Hello. so I got bread crumbs in my charging port and tried to clean it with a mechanical pencil and I unfortunately got the pencil lead stuck in there. I didn't think that it was a huge problem so I plugged in the charger and it suddenly stinks. I'm scared it'll explode if I...
  3. Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!: Hello. so I got bread crumbs in my charging port and tried to clean it with a mechanical pencil and I unfortunately got the pencil lead stuck in there. I didn't think that it was a huge problem so I plugged in the charger and it suddenly stinks. I'm scared it'll explode if I...
  4. Urgent help with cleaning laptop charging port!!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. my touchpad all of a sudden started moving very slow and I've tried changing the cursor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my touchpad all of a sudden started moving very slow and I've tried changing the cursor...: my touchpad all of a sudden started moving very slow and I've tried changing the cursor speed and update the driver but it's still very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-all-of-a-sudden-started-moving-very/789b661a-1e99-4871-97f9-513fac17889b
  6. my touchpad all of a sudden started moving very slow and I've tried changing the cursor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my touchpad all of a sudden started moving very slow and I've tried changing the cursor...: my touchpad all of a sudden started moving very slow and I've tried changing the cursor speed and update the driver but it's still very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-touchpad-all-of-a-sudden-started-moving-very/789b661a-1e99-4871-97f9-513fac17889b
  7. my touchpad all of a sudden started moving very slow and I've tried changing the cursor...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I NEED HELP... I've decided to clean my hard drives and do a fresh install of windows and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I NEED HELP... I've decided to clean my hard drives and do a fresh install of windows and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Coreyb22 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjuedg/i_need_help_ive_decided_to_clean_my_hard_drives/
  9. PC suddenly started doing this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC suddenly started doing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/coldpop11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyhpfh/pc_suddenly_started_doing_this/
  10. mouse port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse port: I have troubles with my mouse working in any port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-port/8724038d-5ffd-479b-8e15-ff9da68e4b4a