Windows 10: My mouse wheel no longer works

Discus and support My mouse wheel no longer works in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My mouse wheel no longer works and scrolls up and down when trying to scroll down. I have tried changing mouse and it still does it. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by stevie43, Nov 15, 2023.

1. stevie43 Win User

My mouse wheel no longer works

My mouse wheel no longer works and scrolls up and down when trying to scroll down. I have tried changing mouse and it still does it. I have tried playing around with the mouse settings and updating the drivers but that hasn't made a difference.

:)

stevie43, Nov 15, 2023
  2. pstinger Win User

Mouse wheel click no longer registering

As of a week or so ago, my middle mouse button (the wheel click) is no longer registered by my computer. I am using a Razer Naga and all other functions of the mouse work as expected.

When trying to find the wheel settings, all I can find is the place to change the number of rows when scrolling. Has anyone had similar issues or have suggestions on ways I might be able to fix this?

pstinger, Nov 15, 2023
  3. MacDonell Win User
    Microsoft Modern Mouse (Bluetooth) Scroll Wheel not working.

the scroll wheel on my Microsoft Modern Mouse (Bluetooth) stopped working. I have done all troubleshooting steps: system updates, installed Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse Center, disconnected mouse and reconnected. Nothing has worked yet. Haven't yet tried
    it on a different PC. Don't have another Microsoft PC. Have a MacBook, but not sure the mouse can work on that. Any suggestions?

MacDonell, Nov 15, 2023
  4. My mouse wheel no longer works

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Nov 15, 2023
Thema:

My mouse wheel no longer works

1. My mouse wheel no longer works - Similar Threads - mouse wheel longer

2. My mouse wheel no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse wheel no longer works: My mouse wheel no longer works and scrolls up and down when trying to scroll down. I have tried changing mouse and it still does it. I have tried playing around with the mouse settings and updating the drivers but that hasn't made a difference....
  3. My mouse wheel no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse wheel no longer works: My mouse wheel no longer works and scrolls up and down when trying to scroll down. I have tried changing mouse and it still does it. I have tried playing around with the mouse settings and updating the drivers but that hasn't made a difference....
  4. Wireless Mouse Wheel No Longer Works two of them but USB wired Mouse Wheel Does. Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Mouse Wheel No Longer Works two of them but USB wired Mouse Wheel Does. Windows 11.: One day all of a sudden Windows 11 decided that the mouse wheel on my Microsft 3600 bluetooth mouse no longer can scroll pages. Rebooted, disconnected, reconnected, batteries out etc, nothing made it work. Thinking it's a hardware fault i tried a different mouse, this time...
  5. Wireless Mouse Wheel No Longer Works two of them but USB wired Mouse Wheel Does. Windows 11.

Wireless Mouse Wheel No Longer Works two of them but USB wired Mouse Wheel Does. Windows 11.: One day all of a sudden Windows 11 decided that the mouse wheel on my Microsft 3600 bluetooth mouse no longer can scroll pages. Rebooted, disconnected, reconnected, batteries out etc, nothing made it work. Thinking it's a hardware fault i tried a different mouse, this time...
  6. Mouse scroll wheel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  7. Mouse scroll wheel not working

Mouse scroll wheel not working: Hey Everybody, For some months now my Win10 will sound the "New Device Detected 3 tones". At that moment the mouse freezes; That can happen often or only a few times a day. Sometimes it disconnects the mouse/cursor from what open program I am using and twice after the...
  8. Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.

Mouse Scroll Wheel not working.: Okay, I have some CMStorm Mouse and this just started today. The scroll wheel won't work. Not completely but not very well. When it like staggers? If that's the term. I go up it doesn't work I try again it goes down, go down it goes up. I cant seem to find any solution to...
  9. Mouse Wheel Not Working

Mouse Wheel Not Working: Hello. Lately mouse wheel has not been working. When I press the middle mouse button, the wheel appears for just a little bit, and then disappears. I can't use it to scroll. 42953
  10. Mouse Wheel isn't working

Mouse Wheel isn't working: So recently my mouse wheel has slowly stopped working, and now it won't scroll down the page at all (but I can still click the middle mouse button and scroll that way). My Touch pad (I am on a laptop) still works fine, but it's not so easy to use it. I dunno the manufacturer,...