Windows 10: My Mouse will not work. Any help?

Discus and support My Mouse will not work. Any help? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So last year I bought a gaming mouse and I use it a lot for just normal work and gaming. Eventually, my mouse stopped working, I could not move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StingyVids, Sep 18, 2018.

1. My Mouse will not work. Any help?

So last year I bought a gaming mouse and I use it a lot for just normal work and gaming. Eventually, my mouse stopped working, I could not move the cursor. Whenever I moved my mouse, it made the usb unplugging noise and stopped working. Then it started to play the noise when it plugs back in and would work. This would happen very repeatedly until my mouse wouldn't even move. I bought a new one and started using that for a while and it just did the same thing. There is nothing wrong with the usb port, as I try using the other ones too.

:)

StingyVids, Sep 18, 2018

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 18, 2018
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Sep 18, 2018
  4. My Mouse will not work. Any help?

Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

My Mouse will not work. Any help?

1. My Mouse will not work. Any help? - Similar Threads - Mouse help

2. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  3. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help: My sister messed up my computer and now my cursor is slow and even at max speed its still slow, please help i have tried to fix it with google and nothing will work, does updating my pc fix it??? Help!...
  4. My mouse cursor isnt working and nothing will help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  6. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  7. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  8. I need help connecting my Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help connecting my Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse: My sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse didn't come with a USB for connection. Can I use one that I already have? Or is there a way to order a new one?...
  9. I need help connecting my Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse

I need help connecting my Sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse: My sculpt ergonomic keyboard and mouse didn't come with a USB for connection. Can I use one that I already have? Or is there a way to order a new one?...
  10. I need help with Roblox mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with Roblox mouse: In GRG I zoom into first person and my mouse is movable, but it isn't a good thing because I can't use my touchpad I use a Dell Latitude 5500 with Windows 10 Pro and an Intel Core i5 vPro 8th Gen to move the camera and it really throws me off. Any tips are appreciated!I tried...