Windows 10: My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

Discus and support My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, my mouse hasn't been working properly, it has been going on for three weeks now. I think it was because I downloaded a program that gave me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Samantha Paynes, Nov 30, 2023.

1. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

Hello, my mouse hasn't been working properly, it has been going on for three weeks now. I think it was because I downloaded a program that gave me malware. I checked my device manager and noticed some errors on the other devices. I reinstalled the drivers like the system driver, audio driver, and touch driver from my PC manufacturer. The other driver that pops up from the device manager is OTA1 and I'm not sure what that is. I reinstalled the drivers but my mouse is not working at all. I tried turning off and on my Bluetooth, restarting my PC, doing command prompt, and scanning for any viruses

:)

Samantha Paynes, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Rickster Win User

Won;t stop scrolling

Using win10 fully updated, pro on one computer, home on the other. Often, when I click on the vertical scroll bar, not at the ends, but in the middle, instead of scrolling one page, it just keeps scrolling, even though I used a very quick touch. It can go 10 pages before it stops. I thought it was the mouse so I changed mice, but it's the same, and it's the same on the other computer. ??? Using the common Dell mouse in all 3 cases.

Rickster, Nov 30, 2023
  3. BLUETOOTH MOUSE WON T MOOVE. WHY?

I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 that works only (right and left click works properly) but it won t moove. please help me and answer me as soon as possible.

#mahdichaabani, Nov 30, 2023
  4. stor Win User

My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click.
    I called dell and they came and changed the entire mouse pad but still no success.
    I downloaded the shellexview as was proposed in another thread and followed the steps to disable the pink ones, still no result.
    Today I did format in the laptop and reinstalled windows 10. a few hours later the problem was back. After the format I installed again shellexview and repeated the steps. still no result
    I am running out of options. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Thema:

My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

1. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help! - Similar Threads - mouse won't respond

2. My mouse keeps scrolling down on and its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse keeps scrolling down on and its own: my mouse keeps automatically scrolling up when I'm scrolling down on google, when I open file explorer it keeps auto selecting files with the files box, and when I type in windows file explorer it types backwards. When im selecting options it automatically keeps scrolling...
  3. My mouse keeps scrolling down on and its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse keeps scrolling down on and its own: my mouse keeps automatically scrolling up when I'm scrolling down on google, when I open file explorer it keeps auto selecting files with the files box, and when I type in windows file explorer it types backwards. When im selecting options it automatically keeps scrolling...
  4. My mouse keeps scrolling down on and its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!: Hello, my mouse hasn't been working properly, it has been going on for three weeks now. I think it was because I downloaded a program that gave me malware. I checked my device manager and noticed some errors on the other devices. I reinstalled the drivers like the system...
  6. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!: Hello, my mouse hasn't been working properly, it has been going on for three weeks now. I think it was because I downloaded a program that gave me malware. I checked my device manager and noticed some errors on the other devices. I reinstalled the drivers like the system...
  7. My mouse scroll wheel isn’t working, clicking works but scrolling doesn’t please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse scroll wheel isn’t working, clicking works but scrolling doesn’t please help me: I use a jelly comb mouse and I have tried different methods to fix it but nothing helps the scrolling issue. Everything else runs fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-scroll-wheel-isnt-working-clicking-works/36a62a22-488a-4d5b-9f5b-2a9b89937eb5
  8. My mouse scroll wheel isn’t working, clicking works but scrolling doesn’t please help me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse scroll wheel isn’t working, clicking works but scrolling doesn’t please help me: I use a jelly comb mouse and I have tried different methods to fix it but nothing helps the scrolling issue. Everything else runs fine https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-scroll-wheel-isnt-working-clicking-works/36a62a22-488a-4d5b-9f5b-2a9b89937eb5
  9. My mouse won't stop moving,clicking, and scrolling on it's own.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My mouse won't stop moving,clicking, and scrolling on it's own.: I've tried updating drivers. Restarting windows. Lowering speed of the cursor. Taking apart my mouse and cleaning the inside (Logitech m185 btw). Cleaning the usb port. And Unplugging and plugging the mouse in. But nothing will work. Please help! I'm using windows 10...
  10. Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...