Windows 10: My mouse won't stop moving,clicking, and scrolling on it's own.

Discus and support My mouse won't stop moving,clicking, and scrolling on it's own. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried updating drivers. Restarting windows. Lowering speed of the cursor. Taking apart my mouse and cleaning the inside (Logitech m185 btw).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sprice211, Jul 26, 2020.

1. My mouse won't stop moving,clicking, and scrolling on it's own.

I've tried updating drivers. Restarting windows. Lowering speed of the cursor. Taking apart my mouse and cleaning the inside (Logitech m185 btw). Cleaning the usb port. And Unplugging and plugging the mouse in. But nothing will work. Please help! I'm using windows 10 (obviously, or else I wouldn't be posting here!) on an hp laptop model 15-bs1xx.

submitted by /u/sprice211
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sprice211, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

mouse moves and clicks on its own

Hi,

Regarding your concern about mouse issues, we would like to know some additional information to better assist you with your concern:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless mouse?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

You can try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cesar Castaño and other members on this

link
    and see if it will work.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling

I updated my Windows 10 laptop last night and now when I'm scrolling anywhere, if I don't give an extra click on the scroll bar it won't stop scrolling.

Additionally, in Photoshop when I'm using brushes or erasing, it won't stop erasing until I click with the mouse button.

Typically both of these things would just let me drag and drop and no extra click was required, and now it's messed up.

Help!

ElizabethDunlap, Jul 26, 2020
  4. pedsto Win User

My mouse won't stop moving,clicking, and scrolling on it's own.

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

My mouse won't stop moving,clicking, and scrolling on it's own.

1. My mouse won't stop moving,clicking, and scrolling on it's own. - Similar Threads - mouse won't stop

2. my mouse moves on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse moves on its own: its not my mouse issue because my mouse stops moving whenever i load into task manager it stops moving. it moves very slowly to left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-moves-on-its-own/aff4241e-51a6-40f1-8a6d-f05e845c88f0
  3. my mouse moves on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my mouse moves on its own: its not my mouse issue because my mouse stops moving whenever i load into task manager it stops moving. it moves very slowly to left https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-moves-on-its-own/aff4241e-51a6-40f1-8a6d-f05e845c88f0
  4. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!: Hello, my mouse hasn't been working properly, it has been going on for three weeks now. I think it was because I downloaded a program that gave me malware. I checked my device manager and noticed some errors on the other devices. I reinstalled the drivers like the system...
  5. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!: Hello, my mouse hasn't been working properly, it has been going on for three weeks now. I think it was because I downloaded a program that gave me malware. I checked my device manager and noticed some errors on the other devices. I reinstalled the drivers like the system...
  6. My mouse won't respond to clicks, keeps scrolling on it's own. Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works: so i was doing something, suddenly I try to move my mouse The cursor wasent moving, i swear i haven't done anything to my mouse, I try on my mom mouse and it works please anyone help me i cant use my mom mouse because she need to use it, I try everything it still not working...
  8. Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works: so i was doing something, suddenly I try to move my mouse The cursor wasent moving, i swear i haven't done anything to my mouse, I try on my mom mouse and it works please anyone help me i cant use my mom mouse because she need to use it, I try everything it still not working...
  9. Mouse won't move but i can left and right or scroll click works

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling: I updated my Windows 10 laptop last night and now when I'm scrolling anywhere, if I don't give an extra click on the scroll bar it won't stop scrolling. Additionally, in Photoshop when I'm using brushes or erasing, it won't stop erasing until I click with the mouse button....