Windows 10: My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use

Discus and support My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi so I’ve got a go pavilion 14 (I think) and it used to work fine but after a year of use I’ve had some issues, it’s running windows 10 btw. So my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BananaDook, Feb 26, 2020.

1. My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use

Hi so I’ve got a go pavilion 14 (I think) and it used to work fine but after a year of use I’ve had some issues, it’s running windows 10 btw.

So my trackpad lags, like it feels heavy if that makes sense. The cursor drags behind where I’m moving my finger, and then it jumps around a bit and then stops working all together. Also I can’t use and multi gesture controls at all.

(Also this isn’t a windows thing but the material the trackpad is made from on the hp makes it impossible to click and drag at the same time because of the friction lol)

Also when I’m using photoshop my computer freezes and the only way to fix it is to shut it down via the on/off switch. But when I start it up again it says it’s running an update. I hope that it isn’t the case that windows just runs updates without letting you save your work lol that wouldn’t make sense.

Anyways if anyone knows how to fix these issues that would be great Thankyou!

submitted by /u/BananaDook
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BananaDook, Feb 26, 2020
  2. miiss.v Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade- Laptop Keyboard/Mousepad Lag

Since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, there is a lag between using my laptop keyboard and mousepad. I have an HP laptop that I bought almost 4 years ago and didn't have this issue until after the upgrade. The mousepad becomes completely unresponsive
    after using the keyboard. I have to wait a few seconds before being able to use it again. I've seen that others are having issues with their wireless/USB devices, but this issue is with the actual hardware.

miiss.v, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Vando47 Win User
    my mousepad curser has developed a background lag

my mousepad curser has developed a background lag resulting in a transparent circle or square freezing the screen

Vando47, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Jose Est Win User

My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use

1. My mousepad lags after a few seconds of use - Similar Threads - mousepad lags few

2. My mousepad is lagging and slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mousepad is lagging and slow: This only started today when I charged my laptop at college, I never do this, I try to only charge it at home. However, whenever it's plugged in, my mousepad begins to lag a lot and it's hard to navigate pages. I have tried everything on similar questions, but nothing works....
  3. My mousepad is lagging and slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mousepad is lagging and slow: This only started today when I charged my laptop at college, I never do this, I try to only charge it at home. However, whenever it's plugged in, my mousepad begins to lag a lot and it's hard to navigate pages. I have tried everything on similar questions, but nothing works....
  4. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  5. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds: Hi there!During the last few days all of the sudden both my mouse and keyboard started having "lags", that is, not reacting for a second or so roughly every 30 seconds. It happens only while on the Desktop/in Windows 10 environment. It never happens when I'm playing Games, so...
  6. Keyboard and Mouse Lagging Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Chrome lags/freezes for a few seconds

in Cortana
    Chrome lags/freezes for a few seconds: So in the last week my computers always freezes every few seconds while im on chrome for like 4 or 6 seconds how can i fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chrome-lagsfreezes-for-a-few-seconds/0023c9e6-239f-4db9-9809-9d2aedb7ad48
  8. Ping lag every few seconds after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ping lag every few seconds after fresh windows install: Last week my HDD that had windows on it stopped working. Since then I have had to freshly reinstall windows and all my drivers on to one of my SSD's. After reinstalling everything and trying to play games I get severe ping spikes every few seconds making literally everything...
  9. Laggy mousepad after using keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laggy mousepad after using keyboard: If you try to move the cursor with the touchpad within a second or two of typing something, the cursor will not respond to the trackpad and will not move. Has anyone been able to solve this? Touchpad/mouse comes up as "HID-Compitable mouse", driver 10.0.19041.1. No synaptics...
  10. Desktop pixelation and lagging mousepad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop pixelation and lagging mousepad: My mouse keeps freezing for like 5 seconds every times a try to make a selection. How can i fix this? And my background photo is pixelated, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-pixelation-and-lagging-mousepad/f5af322e-4666-4184-ad66-22e1fe8c18fc