Windows 10: my mozilla browser is slow suggested I check windows for viruses

Discus and support my mozilla browser is slow suggested I check windows for viruses in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Trend Micro but how can one tell if it is working? 51705 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by petra9999, May 28, 2016.

1. petra9999 Win User

my mozilla browser is slow suggested I check windows for viruses

I have Trend Micro but how can one tell if it is working?

:)

petra9999, May 28, 2016

2. after upgrading to windows 10 ...some problems still present

Hi everyone,

I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8.1 OS(on my HP notebook-64 bit) on 5th Aug 2015. After upgrading, the system has gone slow to a horrible level, even the browsers are dead slow, including Microsoft Edge(not to mention Mozilla Firefox). I wonder if
    others who have upgraded like me are also facing similar problems. I am unable to download the relevant updates too.

I tried searching the relevant upgrading of Drivers from the Microsoft site & others too, but is of no help. Can somebody look into my problem and suggest a quick & relevant solution.

I keep checking for Viruses regularly (even with Windows Defender) for any slowdowns caused by malware etc. & remove them instantly.

If the problem still persist, I want to go back to 8.1 version. In that case, is there any problem after the prescribed one month time given to us(users).

Thanks in advance,

Prashant_1234, May 28, 2016
  3. Slow Mozilla Firefox on Windows 10

sorry ... no the problem i dont can ake good. mozilla work to slow in this windows if i puth windows 7 the mozilla work fast. but with windows 10 work to slow i have 2 laptops and in to laptops work hard i go to one friend i puth to him mozilla and to
    him too mozilla work to slow.

Vedete Online, May 28, 2016
  4. my mozilla browser is slow suggested I check windows for viruses

Hello. Please be more specific. Is Mozilla lagging? Or is your connection slow? If Mozilla is lagging, then the problem is with your RAM/CPU/You have a virus.
    Case 1: RAM
    This occurs when you have too many programs opened and don't have sufficient ram to open all of them. If you have less than 3GB of ram, then it's explainable. You need more RAM
    Case 2: CPU
    This is the speed of your computer. If your system CPU has a speed under 2GHZ, then this could be the problem. You'll need to either:[*]Overclock your PC(Not recommended, as it reduces your fan power and other stuff, and it has high risks.[*]Get a new processor(This will only work if your processor is changable)[*]Get a whole new PC.(Recommended but costs money)
    Case 3: Malware/Virus
    This is something very common, you might have a virus on your pc slowing things down. Either:[*]Scan your PC with Windows Defender.[*]Scan your PC with a better antivirus, such as Kaspersky(Paid) or Avast!/Avira(Free)[*]If you don't have a virus, or no virus is detected, then is is either:
    • You have an undetectable virus
    • You don't have a virus.
    Case 4: Slow Connection/Too many extensions.
    This is if pages are loading too slowly. If they're loading too slowly, then you have a slow connection, or you have too many add-ins. Add-ins both slow down connectivity(If they have anything to do with it) and make Mozilla use up more RAM.

All in all, I hoped I helped you

AbAppletic, May 28, 2016
  5. petra9999 Win User
    It's the Ram and CPU both below your recommended numbers of 2 GHZ and 3GB

Thank You For Your Advice

petra9999, May 28, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    Your browser suggested you check for viruses? That was not your browser - it wouldn't do that.
    You might want to download and run ADWCleaner.

simrick, May 28, 2016
  7. Barneyrubble, May 28, 2016
  8. my mozilla browser is slow suggested I check windows for viruses

Hi, @petra9999:

As far as your hardware specs, if your system is robust enough to run Win10, it's probably robust enough to run Firefox.

Most Firefox problems originate in the user's profile.
    While you could reset Firefox, as suggested by @Barneyrubble, you might want to try a few less drastic measures first.
    They are outlined in these helpful tutorials:
    Standard Diagnostic - Firefox
    Fix slowness, crashing, error messages and other problems

Checking for adware and other junk, as @simrick suggested, is also a good idea. Those notifications you mention sound suspicious for adware/junkware or even bonafide malware. Without a screen shot, it's hard to say.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 28, 2016
  9. shmu26 Win User
    another thing you can try : shut down (or exit) your antivirus as much as it allows, then surf a few very safe sites (but don't click on ads), and see if there is any improvment

shmu26, May 28, 2016
  10. If he has under 3GB of ram, and firefox is lagging, then it's the most explainable reason. By default, Windows uses around 15% of your ram. So of 3GBs, 15% is 450MBs of RAM. Any other open programs, such as antivirus, skype, etc. will also increase the default usage of RAM if you start up with it. It doesn't seem like it's a problem with Mozilla, although it might be. I know this because I used to have a 3GB of ram PC, and Mozilla was worse than Assassin's Creed running on a Celeron (I am exaggerating a bit *chuckle).
    Then again, it could be Mozilla and ram-eating addins *Wink

AbAppletic, May 28, 2016
  11. Glad I helped.

AbAppletic, May 28, 2016
  12. simrick Win User
    Based on what I am seeing here, as well as my own personal experience, 3GB RAM is plenty to run W10 and should not affect Firefox adversely. A 2GHz processor is also above the minimum requirements.

Microsoft details Minimum Hardware requirements for Anniversary Update - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, May 28, 2016
  13. shmu26 Win User

right. 3 gb is enough. And it is well known that you don't need a fancy processor just to run a browser. @Petra, you should check if antivirus is conflicting with browser, this is done by exiting antivirus and then testing the browser.

shmu26, May 28, 2016
  14. Exactly! Thanks for providing the reference.*Wink
    Folks run Fx under XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, on far less robust hardware than the OP reports.*Smile
    It seems unlikely that the OP's hardware specs fully explain the somewhat vague complaint of Fx "slowness".

That's why I suggested that the OP proceed with some routine Fx troubleshooting/diagnostics and with your suggestions, @simrick, to consider the possibility of screening for/removing adware/junkware/malware.
    @petra9999: can you please tell us more about the notifications you are getting? And perhaps try some of the routine troubleshooting steps recommended in the tutorials provided in my previous reply?

If all else fails, we may need to collect some basic diagnostic logs, in order to better understand and fix the problem.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 28, 2016
  15. elbmek Win User
    If its the same as for FF, then I think I may understand. Firefox was running really slow, taking time to load pages etc. I deleted it (again) and defaulted to chrome, much faster.

elbmek, May 31, 2016
Thema:

1. my mozilla browser is slow suggested I check windows for viruses - Similar Threads - mozilla browser slow

2. Browser virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser virus?: My browser always redirects me to a website before making me go to the website I clicked. The images also are warped all over the place, I already factory reset the computer, is it a virus or just a defective design It's been running well for 3 years? Also, I can't access...
  3. Browser Virus?

Browser Virus?: Hello i am a Windows 10 pro user, I have google chrome, I once downloaded a file and ran it, but before that i made sure that it was virus free by doing a virus check by Microsoft security and it says its safe. so I ran it it needed administrator commands and i did it since...
  4. Anti Virus suggestions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anti Virus suggestions: View Poll submitted by /u/findong [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5w5io/anti_virus_suggestions/
  5. My Browser is slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Browser is slow: My Google Chrome browser is getting slow. No matter what I do. It used to be very fast, but now it just crawls. I can't even upload a photo on Facebook without it taking forever. I can clear the casche, but it's still slow. What can I do? I really don't want to use...
  6. Virus lock on my browser.

Virus lock on my browser.: One of my computers has a virus that has locked up the browser. It provides a screen that says it is from Microsoft Support and asks me to call a phone number to get it unblocked. There is also a box that pops up saying its from Microsoft Security [MICROSOFT EDGE]...
  7. virus in browsers??

virus in browsers??: I'm in Hong Kong, where the broadband speed is very fast here and no problems visiting any sites always. However, it takes me 10-20 seconds to get to many common sites like Microsoft or Yahoo or Google and taking another 10-20 seconds or longer to get to another page under...
  8. Mozilla browser Container Extension

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla browser Container Extension: How many of you have used the new Mozilla "face book" extension for its Firefox browser that isolates the Facebook identity of users from rest of your web activity ?? Facebook Container Extension, once installed in the user’s Firefox browser, makes it harder for Facebook to...
  9. Having transparency issues with my browsers(Edge,Mozilla etc)

in Browsers and Email
    Having transparency issues with my browsers(Edge,Mozilla etc): Hello , I noticed some transparency issues with my laptop and it's really annoying.Whenever I open a browser and surf a little bit and then close it , what was on the screen on my browser remains somewhat transparent basically in every game and Windows screen.Is it some weird...
  10. Mozilla: First Browser Dedicated to Developers is Coming

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla: First Browser Dedicated to Developers is Coming: At Mozilla we know that developers are the cornerstone of the Web, that’s why we actively push standards and continue to build great tools to make it easier for you to create awesome Web content and apps. When building for the Web, developers tend to use a myriad of...