Windows 10: My MP3 player will not even show up on my windows 10 computer.

Discus and support My MP3 player will not even show up on my windows 10 computer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no idea what is going on. I tried to troubleshoot my brand new computer and it said nothing was wrong and it is up to date. I was only trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElizabethJacobs1, Sep 17, 2021.

1. My MP3 player will not even show up on my windows 10 computer.

I have no idea what is going on. I tried to troubleshoot my brand new computer and it said nothing was wrong and it is up to date. I was only trying to add more music to it.

:)

ElizabethJacobs1, Sep 17, 2021
  2. hasiel123 Win User

Putting computer in sleep mode stops viewing my connected mp3 player

Just did two different tests, and discovered that:

1. tried it on a second windows 10 computer in our house, and the PhilipsMP# player does not show in file manager after taking computer out of sleep mode ( the same thing as I stated above).

2. Tried it with another brand (Sansa Mp3 player) and it works perfectly even after waking computer from sleep.

Confusing that it works on my Vista computer and not our Windows 10 computers. Must be a Windows 10 issue with Philips GoGear MP3 players??

hasiel123, Sep 17, 2021
  3. deleting podcasts from my mp3 on win 10 media player

Hi Ernie,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with not able to delete files from mp3 player using Windows Media player. We will certainly help you.

This issue might occur when the Mp3 file is broken or when it is not compatible with the Windows Media Player or other media players.

Firstly, I would suggest you to open Media player and try to refresh the device and try deleting the songs.

Method 2: Run Windows Media Player Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run Windows Media Player Troubleshooter. Follow the below steps to run Windows Media Player:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

For information about how to reset your device, see the documentation that came with your device.

Method 2: If the above steps do not help, you may try to delete music files directly from the mp3 player, follow the steps below:

To delete music files using the computer, follow these steps:

1. Connect your mp3 player to the computer.

2. Select Open device to view files using Windows Explorer on initial connection.

3. Locate the folder where your music files are stored.

4. Right click and select delete the music files or folder.

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 17, 2021
  4. My MP3 player will not even show up on my windows 10 computer.

Windows Media Player is not in Default apps list in Windows 10

I know, this question was asked many times, but there is still no answer that can actually solve the problem. There are steps to get the WMP in Windows Optional Features, install it if missing, etc. - I did all that, and now WMP runs and plays media files. However, there is no way in Windows 10 to set it as a Default App to play media file types.

• Go to "Default apps" > "Music Player" > "Choose Default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Choose default apps by file type" > ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - WMP is not there.
    • "Set Defaults by app" > Windows Media Player is here! > select "Manage" > find ".mp3" > "Choose a default" - the only choice is "Look for an app in the Microsoft Store".

After a long time spent searching I found this article: How to make any program the default on Windows 10 - gHacks Tech News

Apparently after 1803 you are supposed to use hackers tools to set the Microsoft's own Windows Media Player as default. I used FileTypesMan as was suggested in the article, but when I try to change assignments for .mp3 files, I get "Error 5: Access is denied" from the tool. Also, if I right-click on an .mp3 file and select "Open with..." it still suggests me to go to Microsoft Store, open with Notepad, Paint, Word, but not Windows Media Player.

What is the proper way to make WMP the default media player, so it shows up in the Default apps list?

sun2sirius, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

My MP3 player will not even show up on my windows 10 computer.

1. My MP3 player will not even show up on my windows 10 computer. - Similar Threads - MP3 player show

2. MP3 player not showing up in Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 player not showing up in Explorer: Hi all, I've had a Victure MP3 player for a couple of years, always put music on it easily by ripping the CD with Windows Media Player on to my desktop PC, then connecting the MP3 player via USB and doing a simple drag & drop file copy. Never any problem until I put on my...
  3. My mp3 player will not connect to my pc, even though it is still getting charged.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mp3 player will not connect to my pc, even though it is still getting charged.: Hi there, I tried locating the device, adding the device, updating the drivers I was able to do so for the pc, but not the MP3 player, Riuzu, because it still needed to be recognized, but still, nothing. Please help. I had no problem on my last computer doing this. I do...
  4. help my mp3 player wont show up anywhere ive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    help my mp3 player wont show up anywhere ive: ive tryed everythin i just cant figure it out it was working fine yesterday but now it ont show up i have not connected any new devices a https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-mp3-player-wont-show-up-anywhere-ive/4087c823-8e6b-4ee2-bf2b-7a9ae3cf8b3d
  5. None of my MP3 players are seen by my Windows 10 PC

None of my MP3 players are seen by my Windows 10 PC: I have a Sandisk Sport Clip, Sandisk Fuse, and SONY Video Walkman NWZ-E383. I have tried everything found on the Internet regarding Win10 not detecting them and am still without luck. This has been very aggravating and I would like it resolved. Thank you....
  6. MP3 players not showing up at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MP3 players not showing up at all: Hello, I have a SanDisk Sport Clip and a SONY NWZ-E383 Walkman. I am lost for trying to get these to connect and I have searched everywhere in different forums and support pages. They used show up before I had to re-install Win10, due to a new hard drive which is another...
  7. MP3 player

MP3 player: Just bought a Supereye 16gb mp3 player but my windows 10 laptop does not recognise it and i dont know how to pair it, i am not computer literate but i need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-player/6aec5e06-fd50-4ec7-a8f5-f335c281aa78
  8. My computer can't recognize mp3 player

My computer can't recognize mp3 player: I tried everything to make my computer recognize mp3 i know no one has them anymore but I do I can't do anything about it but really want to download some songs please help I'm deeply depressed and make my life a little bit better thank you...
  9. Eclipse MP3 player I copy the music files from my computer to the MP3 player and it shows...

Eclipse MP3 player I copy the music files from my computer to the MP3 player and it shows...: Eclipse MP3 player I copy the music files from my computer to the MP3 player and it shows them transfer but when I try to listen to the musuc it say empty disk...
  10. can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player

can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player: can i rip an mp3 disc in windows media player then sync it to my mp3 player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-rip-an-mp3-disc-in-windows-media-player-then/fefa007f-f583-4bd9-aa3d-db1557810cd3