Windows 10: My MS account question

Discus and support My MS account question in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I was tinkering around with changing user name in Windows 10. I logged into my MS account and under; Devices > Device info and Support it shows I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Scramjet, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Scramjet Win User

My MS account question

I was tinkering around with changing user name in Windows 10. I logged into my MS account and under;
    Devices > Device info and Support it shows I have Version: 1803 and Build: 10.0.17763.168
    On my computer in System > About it shows Ver. 1809 and Build 17763.168

Why would the web site be different than my computer?
    Attaching a pic of web site info

My MS account question [​IMG]

:)

Scramjet, Dec 8, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Using a MS Account Questions

Hi:

I'm not sure anyone can answer that definitively, as we do not work for MS.
    And it's not clear from your question if you are referring to data telemetry/sharing with MS or to overall computer security from malware, etc.

Either way, much computer security hinges on the end-user as the first and last line of defense, in terms of safe computing practices.

The tutorial I provided in my previous reply lists some of the features -- you can read that list and decide for yourself if they are "advantages" or not, in terms of personal data sharing/vulnerability.

These MS articles may also help:

Microsoft account FAQ
    and
    Microsoft account - security info and security codes

I use only a local account on my Win10. So we'll need to wait for others who use a MS account to weigh in with further advice.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Vesao Win User

My MS account question

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

My MS account question

1. My MS account question - Similar Threads - account question

2. Microsoft account question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft account question: I wound up with 2 Microsoft accounts. Can I sign in to my second device & create another user, then delete the second account without affecting Windows 10 on either one? Then my pc & laptop could sync....
  3. Question on adding a "local account" to my wife's laptop.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question on adding a "local account" to my wife's laptop.: My wife uses a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Home on it. She does not sign into any Microsoft account when using the laptop, I believe her account is called a Local Account. I would like to create my own Local Account as an administrator so I can install my own software on the...
  4. Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Questions about creation and deletion of inactive accounts: In the past, I was not very familiar with Microsoft Windows 10 reset settings or account deletion features. If something did not work properly with Windows 10 or if I wanted to start fresh, I would wipe my computer clean and create a new Microsoft account after re-installing...
  5. Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.: My desktop PC has finally reached the end of its life. I had something to do with it (inadvertently pushing it to a quick end, but probably that's a story for another forum). I decided to buy a laptop instead of a desktop PC. Here's some background information: All my data...
  6. Question about Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Question about Microsoft Accounts: The issue : The Taskbar crashes everyday when the Windoes Shell Experience Host stops working I have tried ALL you can imagine to fix this, even Microsoft tried to fix it and then they replaced my Surface Book 2 because they couldnt make it stop crashing. Nothing worked, I...
  7. Chrome and Google account questions?

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Google account questions?: Hi I'd like to know after installation of Chrome and logging in my Google account (through the website), does it automatically save my details like cache, bookmarks, saved passwords etc to my Google account or do I have to configure anything in the setttings of browsers...
  8. Question regarding Login to my Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question regarding Login to my Microsoft Account: I am confused as to what login I should be using for my Microsoft Account. I have different logins for Live.com and for Outlook.com - i.e different email addresses and passwords. Should I be using my Live.com login or my Outlook.com login or does it not matter? Would it...
  9. One another very old account I have. I asked a question, Got great answers. Was replying...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One another very old account I have. I asked a question, Got great answers. Was replying...: I asked a question on another account. Basically I had one with a hotmail address so old that before the @ is just my 3 initials. No numbers. This is that account. But on a newer account I posted a question yesterday. I had 3 great answers and my resolve I'm sure. While...
  10. Question: Why is there a limit of three phone numbers I can have on my account to sign into...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Question: Why is there a limit of three phone numbers I can have on my account to sign into...: Right now, I have three phone numbers, all on my personal Microsoft account, my iPhone 6s Plus, my Google Voice, and my TalkU account. I want to add a fourth one so I can be sure I don't get locked out of my account if anything were to happen to those three phone numbers,...