Windows 10: My MS account sign in ended up on a domain

Discus and support My MS account sign in ended up on a domain in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I tried adding my old email address in settings & it adds it & I verified it but it says it cannot be made my default account because it's on a domain.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ejb0618, Feb 24, 2016.

1. ejb0618 Win User

My MS account sign in ended up on a domain

I tried adding my old email address in settings & it adds it & I verified it but it says it cannot be made my default account because it's on a domain. I just created this hotmail account on the Internet on my home laptop. It used to be my sign in. How did it end up on a domain? I found it in Powershell with the /Domain command. Can these be taken off the domain and/or deleted? I also tried signing out of the local account & adding that MS account using my old email. On a side note my husband has two user accounts under C:/users. When I check for net users in Powershell only one of them shows up. Should I delete one of them & which one? One of his shows up on a domain too.

:)

ejb0618, Feb 24, 2016

2. How do I protect my local account

My organization is testing Windows 10. Our setup contains a domain server for account access. So we will be needing to setup the OS using the "sign in without a Microsoft account" option during setup to put in our local admin account. Then we attach the
    PC to our domain. And from there we start adding the domain users to the PC as they need.

So it seems that there are 1 1/2 bazillion ways to "sign in" to Microsoft account in different ways. For example, I signed into the email app (which works surprisingly well) with my domain email account and I also signed into my Onedrive. I tried not to
    tie my computer into Microsoft accounts completely, so I still sign into my account using my domain ID. But when I go to the app store, my Microsoft account can sign into the store and I can download apps. Why? Edge is also signed into my Microsoft account.

It just seems very confusing as to how these accounts work. So Here's my fear, if I deploy this computer to someone's desk who happens to have a MS account and they hit the "wrong" button and sign in, I'm afraid it will suddenly change their account to
    a full fledged MS account so that the next time they sign in, it will require their MS credentials rather than the domain credentials. While I'm sure there is a "really easy" way to undo this, I don't want to be running around my office putting out MS account
    "fires" everywhere.

So here are my questions. #1, what are all of the specific places (including office) that you can sign into a MS account and how will that specific sign in effect the OS? (example, if you go to the onedrive app and sign in, that will also enable your sign
    in for the app store) perhaps... something like that. And #2, is there a way to "protect" the domain login and also keep people out of the app store? I would like to disable certain MS account functions so that the PC doesn't inadvertently become a MS wonderland
    of synchronization where syncing isn't needed. Thank you.

PS, as I navigated to this page, I never had to enter my username/password. It knew who I was... why? All I did was sign into Onedrive and sync my email!

TexWilbourn, Feb 24, 2016
  3. gfthomas Win User
    Can't link PC to MS account

So here's the background. I'm running Windows 10 on my PC and have it connected to a domain. Due to some extraneous problems I ended up having to completely rebuild my domain controller, therefore losing all the old accounts. So now I have re-connected
    this PC to the domain, but when I try to link it to my MS account it says another user on this PC is already using that account. I have deleted the old profiles from this PC and I also went to my MS account settings and removed this PC from devices. I still
    get the same error. Any ideas?

gfthomas, Feb 24, 2016
Thema:

My MS account sign in ended up on a domain

1. My MS account sign in ended up on a domain - Similar Threads - account sign ended

2. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  3. Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop asking to sign in with MS account on computer added to a domain: How do I stop getting prompted to sign in to complete activation on a computer Win11 23H2 that is part of a domain?There are a lot of q&a for home/personal use pcs, but not for domain joined....
  4. Can't sign in to ms account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to ms account: Some hours ago I just installed windows 22h2, and after that, this been happening. This was happening in the older version 21h2 as well. I had to always reset the PC, which is bad for the health of my SSD. I'm, tired and frustrated from this buggy windows, please somebody...
  5. Can't sign in to ms account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to ms account: Some hours ago I just installed windows 22h2, and after that, this been happening. This was happening in the older version 21h2 as well. I had to always reset the PC, which is bad for the health of my SSD. I'm, tired and frustrated from this buggy windows, please somebody...
  6. Can't sign in to ms account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login account information in between Local, MS account and domain: Hi there,I have a windows 10 computer and the initial account is a local account.I signed in with my personal Microsoft accountshows in Settings->accounts and the computer account joined my company domain.Currently, my login is still the local profile and local password...
  8. Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials: Hi, I am using WIn10 Pro 1809 and Office 365 with Documents on OneDrive. I login to Windows with my MS-Account and a Pin. Starting some two month ago (March updates) I got multiple prompts for my WIndows credentials: Often (once a day I receive): [img] [img] Every...
  9. Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials

in Windows 10 Support
    Never Ending Prompting for MS-Account Credentials: Hi, I am using WIn10 Pro 1809 and Office 365 with Documents on OneDrive. I login to Windows with my MS-Account and a Pin. Starting some two month ago (March updates) I got multiple prompts for my WIndows credentials: Often (once a day I receive): [img] [img] Every...
  10. Created MS account, joined to domain, cannot sign on as MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Created MS account, joined to domain, cannot sign on as MS account: I just got a Surface Pro 4. I signed into it with my Microsoft account, and later joined it to my work domain. I wanted to use Cortana with Office, so I tried starting it up. It prompted for a Microsoft account, I entered my existing one, and it says "another user on this...