Windows 10: My MS display adapter stopped working after the most recent windows update

Discus and support My MS display adapter stopped working after the most recent windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Both of my MS display adapters (two different monitors) stopped working after the most recent windows update. I have a high end Surface laptop. I asked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RClariana, Oct 17, 2019.

1. RClariana Win User

My MS display adapter stopped working after the most recent windows update

Both of my MS display adapters (two different monitors) stopped working after the most recent windows update. I have a high end Surface laptop. I asked our college technical support to work on it, they spent an hour on it without success. Fix the driver that broke this and then do a system wide update, come on guys, your operating system needs to work with your own bloody hardware.

:)

RClariana, Oct 17, 2019
  2. Gino Des Win User

MS Wireless Display adapter stopped 2018

Hi David,

A few possible reasons can be the cause of this problem including a recent update that introduced compatibility issues with the Wireless Display driver. In line with this, we recommend that you update or reinstall the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter driver
    on your PC. Here's how:

• With the Wireless Display Adapter plugged in and powered on, select the
      Start
      button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

• Expand one of the categories to find the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter device, then right-click on it, and select
      Update Driver.

• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the name of the device, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

In addition, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. This tool can help diagnose and fix hardware issues.

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices.

If the issue persists, you may refer to the following link for additional troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Gino Des, Oct 17, 2019
  3. Creion Win User
    MS Wireless Display Adapter - "Driver Error"

Hi,

I cannot connect to my MS Wireless Display Adapter. Tried all the troubleshooting steps. The message in the Wireless Display Adapter App is "Driver Error".

In Device Manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling ..

Running Windows 10 with the latest updates on a Surface Book with a display adapter firmware 2.0.8350

Thanks

Creion, Oct 17, 2019
  4. barirw Win User

MS Display Adapter

How about that - I am in a chat room with HP support and they are telling me to contact MS.....

And around and around we go...

MS Display Adapter is a MS product so it seems natural to me that MS would accommodate the people that spent their money on the adapter. The adapter worked before the latest MS update!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr!

I mean Windows update...

barirw, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

1. My MS display adapter stopped working after the most recent windows update - Similar Threads - display adapter stopped

2. Windows not updating and my display adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not updating and my display adapter stopped working: Hello,I am having some problems with my computer. In Device Manager > display adapters > device status It says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43I don’t even see “GPU” in Task Manager anymore.Second, in settings, windows update, I keep...
  3. Windows not updating and my display adapter stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows not updating and my display adapter stopped working: Hello,I am having some problems with my computer. In Device Manager > display adapters > device status It says: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43I don’t even see “GPU” in Task Manager anymore.Second, in settings, windows update, I keep...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  5. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  6. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  8. Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.

in Cortana
    Cortana quit working after most recent Windows update.: Love Cortana but it quit working after the most recent Windows update I believe. The app does not appear on the Task Bar. However, changing 'Regedit' to allow Cortana and changing the zero to #1 adds the app to the Task bar. But an error message continues to state that...
  9. Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and most windows functions stopped working after recent update.: Like the title suggests i recently updated to the newest update when i was prompted to. After updating the taskbar and start menu no longer works along with most other windows functions. I can’t change the volume through the slider anymore and i can’t get rid of the...
  10. Audio Stop working with most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio Stop working with most recent update: Hello I have Dell Inspiron15 Intel i5 8GB with 1TB Windows 10Pro Version 1809 Os Build 17763.404. I have updated with most recent update and my sound is completelt dead. I uninstall Realtek audio driver reinstall it and still have no sound on it. I see some people have seen...