Windows 10: My MS Exchange Email Address doesn't Work?

Discus and support My MS Exchange Email Address doesn't Work? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Outlook 2010. I was using the Hotmail Connector with my MS mail account (at outlook.com) to synch contacts but this is no longer supported. I've... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

My MS Exchange Email Address doesn't Work?

I use Outlook 2010. I was using the Hotmail Connector with my MS mail account (at outlook.com) to synch contacts but this is no longer supported. I've now added my MS account using the new account wizard which configures a MS Exchange account for my MS mail account and does synch contacts.

However, when the account is configured as an Exchange account, my user name appears in the format outlook_{text string}@outlook.com. This name name appears in the email sent address from the account but it doesn't work as a legit email address since the email is returned to sender. My correct email address does send and receive emails from the Exchange configured account.

I want to change my user name to the correct email address for my account but I can't change this from Outlook or the Mail option under Control Panel.

How do you configure an Exchange account to send out the correct reply email address?

:)

Steve C, Sep 21, 2016

2. E71: No option to use Mail for Exchange when setting up MS Outlook for business puprposes

Hi, I just got a Nokia E71 but in setting up my business email (MS Exchange Server) I have no option for this type of server just POP3 and IMAP and I have installed Mail for Exchange app.

After putting my email address and password it should ask for my username where I would put my email address again and then prompting me for POP3/IMAP4 or Mail for Exchange as the phone would be "Unable to define account" but it doesn't and it jumps immediately
    to "Incoming email server".

Any help on how to overcome?

Tiago

tiagothomaz, Sep 21, 2016
  3. Sync Calendar from Microsoft Outlook with Nokia Lumia

I'm on MS Outlook 2007. It manages my 4 email addresses just fine right now (who doesn't have more than one email address) using POP.

"Also as explained before calendars for non Exchange Active Sync accounts (such as your BT accounts) will not sync outside Outlook as the POP or IMAP protocol used for those does not support that." :smileyfrustrated::smileyfrustrated::smileyfrustrated:

TheSalad---01, Sep 21, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

I managed to solve this - here is the solution in case anyone else has the same problem.

The problem was due to me using an alias MS account email in the format L: myname@outlook.com in the Outlook new account wizard when the actual MS account name was in the format L: myname@notoutlook.com.

I simply swapped the accounts around so L: myname@outlook.com is the actual account name and L: myname@notoutlook.com is the alias account name.

I can now send and receive emails and my correct sender email address appears. Surprisingly, Windows 10 on both of my PCs recognised the switch between names and logged in fine. I did have to log out and re-log into some apps but all is now fine.

Steve C, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

1. My MS Exchange Email Address doesn't Work? - Similar Threads - Exchange Email Address

2. I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.: When I get to add email and select "add an existing email alias" the MS system responds with "You can't add a work or school email address as an alias to a personal Microsoft account. Please try another."...
  3. I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.: When I get to add email and select "add an existing email alias" the MS system responds with "You can't add a work or school email address as an alias to a personal Microsoft account. Please try another."...
  4. I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Email address doesn't exist

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Email address doesn't exist: Hello,I've a microsoft account on my work pc. I want to download an app but if I have to insert my email address, it says it doesn't exist. I'm getting really frustrated because I use Sharepoint and all other Microsoft office tools so I really don't understand.extra...
  6. Mail not syncing sent mail with exchange server email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail not syncing sent mail with exchange server email address: Hello I have two email accounts set up for work purposes only. One is IMAP, the other one Exchange. The IMAP is syncing no problem. The Exchange email has stopped syncing my older SENT emails. Settings are correct and option to sync mail from any time is checked. This...
  7. Exchange activesync from unknown location MS IPv6 address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exchange activesync from unknown location MS IPv6 address: Greetings, My recent login activity showed successful sync's from an IPv6 address assigned to the Microsoft network earlier this month. The location was "unknown". I don't believe this was me. I've since changed my password and now I see one login attempt yesterday that...
  8. My email address within MS

My email address within MS: I changed my email address a few years ago when I loaded Win 10 and now only use gmail. MS has been working fine but still refers to old address on some logins. For example my MS Verification for login is wrong, I am unable to login to MS Store and now, more importantly, I...
  9. Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook on Windows 10 is associating my hosted Exchange email address with my O365 email...: My Windows 10 user was associated with my Windows Account when I set the PC up out of the box, using my hosted Exchange 2013 email address (this is not O365) as my username - so, *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, as the example email address (the actual domain is...
  10. "This doesn't look like a work or school email address."

"This doesn't look like a work or school email address.": In the Microsoft Store, whenever I try to sign in to my gmail account that I use for microsoft things, it says the same message "this doesn't look like a work or school email address." The store automatically signs me in to my deleted gmail that I don't even remember the...