Windows 10: My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

Discus and support My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ivan294, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Ivan294 Win User

My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me back to the same screen. A possibly related thing was that I was installing a Windows update a few days ago, and I accidentally shut off the laptop while it was still updating. If anyone has a solution I would very much appreciate it, thanks!

:)

Ivan294, Nov 14, 2023

2. MSI laptop bios loop

I have an MSI laptop and today after my work was done I just closed the screen without shutting down. When I came back home and opened my laptop I was shown to the MSI boot menu. I tried to exit l, reset settings etc. but the system restarts and puts me back to the bios menu. What could have caused this loop and how could I fix it? Thanks in advance.

AquaMarine96, Nov 14, 2023
  3. How do I get out of infinite msi bios screen loop.

Yesterday I added 1tb of ssd storage into my msi gf63 thin laptop, as well as replaced the ram with 2 16gb force zues. Now when I turn on my laptop it takes me to the msi bios screen and will not let me leave. Everytike I try it just restarts my laptop and keeps opening the msi bios screen no matter what I do. How do I fix this issue?

ChampThatGuy, Nov 14, 2023
  4. TeamSAXON Win User

Help needed for periodic MSI BSODs

IMPORTANT: There are no minidump folders or files that I can see for my BSODs

Not sure what to do with this one.

Long story short I bought an MSI GT72 6QD refurbished and had MSI replace the crappy refurb drives with a Samsung 960 as a boot drive and Samsung 860 evo for storage.

The laptop has worked fine all this time (3 years of university) but now it's periodically BSODing with no clear cause. When it bluescreens, it gets stuck in a bios boot loop until I turn it off and on again a few times.

What tools do I need to use to get a log of what's going on? I have no minidumps ('Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation'). SFC did not find any corruptions and I've run DSIM.

Do I need to completely wipe the computer and do a fresh install? Maybe the boot drive is loose - in that case how can I safely check the integrity of the drive connector? I reached out to MSI and they said they no longer provide the parts for this model, they suggested a place to me that refurbishes and fixes laptops but I've had no response. MSI said it could be an issue with the boot drive since it gets stuck in the aptio bios loop, but I can usually fix this by draining the laptop of power and powering it on and off a few times. Would the bios be the culprit? This particular model of laptop is not listed many places (It is NOT the G variant) so finding any BIOS updates for it is quite difficult.

TeamSAXON, Nov 14, 2023
Thema:

1. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen. - Similar Threads - MSI laptop stuck

2. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.: It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me...
  3. My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My MSI laptop is stuck on a loop on the MSI click bios screen.: It all started while I was in a Google Doc, it showed a blue screen saying something like this: "Restarting laptop for errors." Shortly after it loaded into the BIOS screen, after looking up tutorials such as saving and exiting they don't seem to work as it just brings me...
  4. MSI laptop bios loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI laptop bios loop: I have an MSI laptop and today after my work was done I just closed the screen without shutting down. When I came back home and opened my laptop I was shown to the MSI boot menu. I tried to exit l, reset settings etc. but the system restarts and puts me back to the bios menu....
  5. MSI laptop bios loop

MSI laptop bios loop: I have an MSI laptop and today after my work was done I just closed the screen without shutting down. When I came back home and opened my laptop I was shown to the MSI boot menu. I tried to exit l, reset settings etc. but the system restarts and puts me back to the bios menu....
  6. MSI laptop bios loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot: Hello,I invoke the power of the windows wizard council to hear my blight. This morning I had got on my laptop and it asked to update. After doing doing so the update was taking an excruciatingly long time.Impatiently, I had just turned off the laptop after 30min and it only...
  8. MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot

MSI Laptop stuck in rollback loop, locked out of bios and unable to reboot: Hello,I invoke the power of the windows wizard council to hear my blight. This morning I had got on my laptop and it asked to update. After doing doing so the update was taking an excruciatingly long time.Impatiently, I had just turned off the laptop after 30min and it only...
  9. MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSI Laptop Stuck in Boot Loop: I have a MSI GV62 8RD-200 laptop that is getting stuck on startup, giving me the message reconstructing cache metadata each time. I've let the computer sit for hours, but it remains stuck on this process, and the computer does not startup in the Recovery Environment after...
  10. Stuck in bios on msi ge70

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in bios on msi ge70: I'm trying to fix an MSI ge70 computer that broke a couple of years ago, and when I booted it up it went to the aptio setup utility, I changed the bootup method from UEFI to legacy, then hit control+i, and it displays the message: Check cable connection! PXE-M0f: Existing...