Windows 10: My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files.

Discus and support My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just built my first pc, and the boot drive that came with the motherboard box has an ISO file which I could check with my mac. However, when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dimitri Williams, Dec 8, 2022.

1. My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files.

I just built my first pc, and the boot drive that came with the motherboard box has an ISO file which I could check with my mac. However, when I try to flash the BIOS or just directly boot, both options show the drive as empty, only showing "...". I can't make one myself because no one in my family has a pc or a mac with enough space for boot camp assistant, and I have tried switching the sata mode.

:)

Dimitri Williams, Dec 8, 2022
  2. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Lazzer408 Win User

My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files.

help. USB drive isn't assigned a drive letter.

Any usb flash drive I plug into my computer isn't assigned a drive letter. The physical drive shows in the "safely remove hardware" but it doesnt show up in disk management. I have tried to populate the volume thru the safely remove hardware properties window and it does pop up in the list but it doesn't stay there. This isn't a format or assign a letter problem. It's more complicated then that. Maybe one of the services needed for usb drive management was disabled? Suggestions needed. btw external usb harddrives work fine.

Lazzer408, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files.

1. My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files. - Similar Threads - MSI motherboard isn't

2. my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer isn't boot from usb drive or cd / dvd and ...: In the name of GODhello EVERYONE!I need to your help to install a windows by flash drive .__ I bootabled a usb to install windows from usb . it's working on other computers and i installed windows in other computers but not working in my computer __ I tryed to install windows...
  3. My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files.: I just built my first pc, and the boot drive that came with the motherboard box has an ISO file which I could check with my mac. However, when I try to flash the BIOS or just directly boot, both options show the drive as empty, only showing "...". I can't make one myself...
  4. My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My MSI motherboard isn't detecting the usb boot drive files.: I just built my first pc, and the boot drive that came with the motherboard box has an ISO file which I could check with my mac. However, when I try to flash the BIOS or just directly boot, both options show the drive as empty, only showing "...". I can't make one myself...
  5. External USB Drive Sometimes Not Detected at Boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External USB Drive Sometimes Not Detected at Boot: I have a 2TB external Seagate Expansion USB hard drive connected permanently via USB 3.0 to my desktop PC mainly used for scheduled Reflect backups (I also back up to another USB drive stored elsewhere). The PC is running Windows 10 Pro 21H1 build 19043.1052. Sometimes at...
  6. MSI MPG 2490 motherboard wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSI MPG 2490 motherboard wont boot: I have a new PC build. When I turn the pc the motherboard lights up, my cooling fans work, Monitor works but it wont go into bios to load windows 10. What should I do? I have pressed delete many times and f11, nothing happens....
  7. Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.: The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any program i can use to at least get the files off it and then pitch it in the garbage. I ordered a new one a sandisk solid state...
  8. can’t find windows 10 usb on a msi motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can’t find windows 10 usb on a msi motherboard: so this is my first pc build and i’ve looked at youtube videos on how to do it, so far i’ve gotten all the way to the windows screen and then when i go to download windows or whatever i can’t find the usb i’m using like it’s not there at all. i really need help submitted by...
  9. USB microphone isn't detected

USB microphone isn't detected: I want to stream some game but can't activate my mic.I just looked in my recording devices and it looks like everything's all right, mic is physically connected but when I speak directly into the mic, those green bars at the right, not reacting at all. As far as I know, there...
  10. No drives detected, won't boot if there's a usb plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No drives detected, won't boot if there's a usb plugged in: I switched off my pc during a 'getting windows ready screen' that got stuck due to the fact I didn't want to leave it on over night. The next day when I tried to boot it, it let off a loud prolonged beep and got stuck in the now very laggy bios menu. Some research online...