Windows 10: my msiexec isnt made by microsoft, is it normal

Discus and support my msiexec isnt made by microsoft, is it normal in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; it also has a md5 of 0a8797d088023a7f17bb00b22ff7c91036070cca561bff5337c472313c0cb4ad, is it normal, and it isn't made by microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ender1355, May 30, 2021.

1. ender1355 Win User

my msiexec isnt made by microsoft, is it normal

it also has a md5 of 0a8797d088023a7f17bb00b22ff7c91036070cca561bff5337c472313c0cb4ad, is it normal, and it isn't made by microsoft

:)

ender1355, May 30, 2021
  2. rfhar Win User

msiexec problem

During each boot-up the last few weeks I am getting a strange Popup window labeled "Windows Installer" what does it mean and how to fix the problem. I run memtest86 for about 25 hours and nine full cycles and all was well. The SFC and DISM did not help either.
    I have reduced my Startup listings down to ten programs. I also Searched my "C" partition for msiexec/* and then msiexec and nothing was found.

I have gotten to the point where one could define my efforts as insanity.

Windows Installer V. 5.0.14393.0

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

rfhar, May 30, 2021
  3. Ian58 Win User
    msiexec access denied

That's about what I had planned if I went down the rebuild route. Just with a few more steps. Well I haven't got anything better to do!

Clean install

backup (Image)

test msiexec

Update

Test again

etc.

Anyway, I'll install over the top. Just see if it works or not. Then we'll know for next time.

Oh happy days!

As someone said "I'll be back"

Ian58, May 30, 2021
  4. my msiexec isnt made by microsoft, is it normal

msiexec access denied

I agree with Ed although not sure in-place upgrade can help. But it is simple to try it. In the case of msiexec problem persists:

- install clean system
    - install some imaging software
    - make system image
    - install all your software one-by-one using the following steps
    -- install one program
    -- test if msixec can run
    -- if yes then make system image and continue with next program installation
    -- if no then you discovered the problematic program; restore the system from recent non-affected image.

Good luck.

muchomurka, May 30, 2021
Thema:

my msiexec isnt made by microsoft, is it normal

1. my msiexec isnt made by microsoft, is it normal - Similar Threads - msiexec isnt made

2. my microsoft store isnt working is there a fix?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my microsoft store isnt working is there a fix?: I accidentally deleted the system app files that make it work. I tried everything but now it keeps crashing. it isn't the only app that isn't working either, it includes Windows update, windows pictures, Movies and TV, Mail, and other default apps. I am so upset and I am...
  3. my microsoft store isnt working is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my microsoft store isnt working is there a fix?: I accidentally deleted the system app files that make it work. I tried everything but now it keeps crashing. it isn't the only app that isn't working either, it includes Windows update, windows pictures, Movies and TV, Mail, and other default apps. I am so upset and I am...
  4. my microsoft store isnt working is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. msiexec Deploy an MSI with script

in Windows 10 Customization
    msiexec Deploy an MSI with script: Hi I hope this is the right group. I have an application MSI that I need to deploy via group policy startup script.The MSI has a parameter I must specify so because of that I believe I must use a Batch file startup script rather than just use the software installation feature...
  6. Microsoft Isnt In my PC

Microsoft Isnt In my PC: HI microsoft team I kinda wanna say that yesterday i tryed to reset microsoft store {or windows store} then it uninstalled i have no idea why sooo i tryed doing powershell that didnt work .also i tryed a file called WINDOWS 10 ENTERPRISE LTSC ADD STORE.RAR with no luck It...
  7. msiexec access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    msiexec access denied: Hello, Having got my new OC (10 Enterprise). I've done all the updating it required so it's fully up to date. I started to install all my programs. A few days later the install programs stopped working, both msi and exe. From what I can tell it's "msiexec.exe" which has...
  8. microsoft store isnt working

microsoft store isnt working: So I got a new surface pro 3 and I paired it with my old computer and I added the device and I can't download anything from the Microsoft store onto this device because it is showing pup on the "download on my devices" pop up. How can I fix this?...
  9. MSIEXEC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MSIEXEC: So recently I tried installing this msi file. Completely normal, it asked me what app i wanted to use and i selected the first one : However the file does not install and it keeps asking me the same question over and over again even if i press ok it doesnt change. Any...
  10. msiexec no reboot option

in Windows 10 Support
    msiexec no reboot option: whats wrong with this command as i dont want it to restart after it uninstalls sep but it restarts start /wait MsiExec.exe /X {8097EE64-FDE1-409A-B25D-3DFD862871E1} /passive /norestart 84867