Windows 10: My music files disappears and then appears again

Discus and support My music files disappears and then appears again in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this problem with Windows Media Player, computer and also external HD where I thought I could back up my files. All of a sudden the music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuliaNakade, Dec 6, 2018.

1. My music files disappears and then appears again

I have this problem with Windows Media Player, computer and also external HD where I thought I could back up my files. All of a sudden the music disappears and I couldn’t find the files anywhere but then also all of a sudden they show up. The period may take about 10 days.

:)

JuliaNakade, Dec 6, 2018

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Pech_096 Win User
    The option converting m4a files to wma files in windows 10 is disappeared

• What app are you using to convert the files?
    I don't use any app to convert the files. I just copy the m4a files from my music folder. Then I paste the m4a files in my android phone drive that connected to my laptop. Then a windows pop-up that shows the option converting m4a files to wma files appears.
    You can see the windows pop-up in below picture. Now the windows pop-up is disappeared.

My music files disappears and then appears again b4c1c11b-71d2-4bbb-a1ed-65ca65cf6f71.jpg

This picture was taken a screenshot from the video

• When did the issue start to happen?
    I found this problem last week. However, I didn't convert m4a files to wma files since May, 2017.

• Were there any changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    I updated windows several times prior to the issue.

• Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?
    I haven't done any troubleshooting steps.

Pech_096, Dec 6, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

My music files disappears and then appears again

Music has disappeared

Mm, could you explain a little more?

For example, have you just upgraded to Win 10 and you've lost some files? Had an update? Done something to one of your disks?

Where was your music? On what device or where on your PC's disk?

Do you have any backups?

Please tell us what happened step by step from having your music to when you realised your music had gone.

You said (in your 2nd thread):
    I have searched for titles on 'My Stuff' & it's there in gobbledegook,

Please use explorer. Navigate to the folder where you expect your music to be.
    Post one or more screenshots of what you see, showing the files and folders.
    (Using the icon above to the left of the video icon)

What do you believe has changed if anything?
    Thanks.
    rationale: we don't know if indexing has been set up appropriately so let's first check the music is present as expected

dalchina, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

My music files disappears and then appears again

1. My music files disappears and then appears again - Similar Threads - music files disappears

2. My wifi disappear and appear again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi disappear and appear again: Hi guys, Im using Telstra and bough a wifi adapter from Gigabyte. I've been used it for a month and now it getting some problem. My wifi name keep appear and connect to and then disappear out of nowhere for a moment and reappear, any ideas how to fix it?...
  3. My wifi disappear and appear again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi disappear and appear again: Hi guys, Im using Telstra and bough a wifi adapter from Gigabyte. I've been used it for a month and now it getting some problem. My wifi name keep appear and connect to and then disappear out of nowhere for a moment and reappear, any ideas how to fix it?...
  4. My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touchpad drivers keep on disappearing and after a day or two again appears: Hi, my laptop model is Asus Vivobook 15 x505za. For the past month daily my touchpad drivers keep missing and after certain restarts again drivers appears. I tried installing the drivers again and again....
  5. My Music Folder A-O disappeared?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Music Folder A-O disappeared?!: Hi all, So this morning I was fed up of random numbered files appearing in my music delete them they come back after a few days I thought this was an amazon music fault so I uninstalled the app. I also carried out a windows update it was not an automatic update but a manual...
  6. Music Tags Disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music Tags Disappears: All tags and details from a music mp3 file disappear after I try to add a contributing artist. The cover art disappears as well, however, the music file still plays. How to fix? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Files appearing and disappearing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Files appearing and disappearing.: Hey! I'm having some troubles with my pc. File named NTUSER.DAT is appeared in my user folder and other folders. It wasn't there before and it used to be in Public folder. Also other .DAT files disappeared. Also I can't run msert.exe. I get an error which says i need...
  8. Appearing and disappearing files!

in Windows 10 Support
    Appearing and disappearing files!: Could someone please explain this to me? In Windows 10, I have a folder called GOONS. I put some files in it. But when I looked at it a while later, many more files were there! And then the next time I looked, they were gone! I wanna be able to put the files I want, in a...
  9. Music has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Music has disappeared: All my music has disappeared Help 47589
  10. Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.

in Windows 10 Support
    Music files have disappeared from my hard drive.: Two days ago I was simultaneously listening to music on the Zune software and unzipping files using winrar to add to my collection as I have done thousands of times before without a problem. Suddenly my music stopped playing and the Zune software gave me an error code that I...