Windows 10: My Music Folder A-O disappeared?!

Discus and support My Music Folder A-O disappeared?! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, So this morning I was fed up of random numbered files appearing in my music delete them they come back after a few days I thought this was an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aimz_1, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Aimz_1 Win User

My Music Folder A-O disappeared?!

Hi all, So this morning I was fed up of random numbered files appearing in my music delete them they come back after a few days I thought this was an amazon music fault so I uninstalled the app. I also carried out a windows update it was not an automatic update but a manual one. Restarted my laptop and no my music folder only shows artists from P onwards?!! 85% of this music is MP3s so nothing to do with amazon music it is music ripped from C.Ds or downloaded.

I have uninstalled the update and reinstalled amazon music but the musics is gone. I am fuming and really upset,I have only just bought this laptop after my corrupted hardrive on my old XP lost my entire music collection so I have spent hours and days re adding all this music, and even recovering some off my old ipod and now majority of it is gone! Is there anything I can do?

Itunes and windows media player are also installed if relevant, I was only using media player to rip C.Ds and itunes to recover music off my old ipod. My music was synced with Groove music, windows media player and Amazon music.

:)

Aimz_1, Apr 23, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

My Music Folder A-O disappeared?! upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Apr 23, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Steve C Win User

What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

You can't redirect the shortcut links which is the subject of the post

Steve C, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

1. My Music Folder A-O disappeared?! - Similar Threads - Music Folder disappeared

2. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is it normal in Windows not to have a separate folder for Music? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know...
  3. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is that correct? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know how to do that without causing issues....
  4. My Music Folder is in Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Music Folder is in Pictures: All of my music on my Windows 10 Professional computer is in my Pictures folder. If I go to c:/users/my profile I do not see a folder for Music. Is that correct? I would like the folder for music to be separate but I don't know how to do that without causing issues....
  5. Music folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  6. Music folders

Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  7. Music folder is now my profile folder

Music folder is now my profile folder: Ok, so my PC has 2 drives, the small C: and the bigger D:. I wanted to move my profile's folders to the D drive but halfway thru, I accidentally fused the Music folder to the profile. After moving every other folder, I'm only left with the hidden appdata and ntuser.dat file...
  8. Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared

Main folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" disappeared: I was trying to move my folders "Documents, Music, Pictures, Videos" from C drive to D drive, somehow I merged them by mistake and now none of them is visible. I tried to recover them but all I did failed. What can I do?...
  9. Music Tags Disappears

Music Tags Disappears: All tags and details from a music mp3 file disappear after I try to add a contributing artist. The cover art disappears as well, however, the music file still plays. How to fix? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. Music has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Music has disappeared: All my music has disappeared Help 47589

Users found this page by searching for:

1. music disappear in window 10