Windows 10: My Music

Discus and support My Music in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I need some help. I just got Windows 10. I am having difficulty finding what was called My Music in Windows 7. Windows Media Player appears to have all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by marckdcarter, Sep 28, 2019.

1. My Music

I need some help. I just got Windows 10. I am having difficulty finding what was called My Music in Windows 7. Windows Media Player appears to have all of the files, but I would prefer to keep a file that contains My Music too. Can you help me? Thanks!

:)

marckdcarter, Sep 28, 2019

2. how to disable MUSIC search

Hi WebbyLigth0. I launched processexplorer from Sysinternals and it listed MUSIC taking about 18-20 percents CPU. I tried paulsalter's suggestion and I shall see whether there will be any effect. Thx for reply

Roman Krejci, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 28, 2019
  4. My Music

Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

My Music

1. My Music - Similar Threads - Music

2. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  3. Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "location tab" is missing from Properties for Music, Pictures & Videos folders: I have a new PC and I'm trying to change the location target for Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos, but the "Location" tab is missing for Music, Pictures and Videos.I've looked at the suggested Registry Fix, but as you can see, this is already in place. Any help in...
  4. No luck installing Apple Music to my PC, all I get is an error message in the Microsoft App...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No luck installing Apple Music to my PC, all I get is an error message in the Microsoft App...: To access my phone and add music from my computer, I now have to download and install Apple Music to my PC. I have attempted several times. But, all I get is an error message in the Microsoft App Store. Please Help....
  5. No luck installing Apple Music to my PC, all I get is an error message in the Microsoft App...

No luck installing Apple Music to my PC, all I get is an error message in the Microsoft App...: To access my phone and add music from my computer, I now have to download and install Apple Music to my PC. I have attempted several times. But, all I get is an error message in the Microsoft App Store. Please Help....
  6. Music file shows up with weird earth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music file shows up with weird earth: I make music playlist with iTunes and I just tried searching and found what I was looking for except the file turned into a Earth. Do anyone know what this is and how to fix it?...
  7. Bose QC Earbuds Connect for Music & Audio but not Voice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bose QC Earbuds Connect for Music & Audio but not Voice: Hi all, I've been using my Bose QC Earbuds as a headset for Zoom calls on my work computer running Win10 for a while now. I've realized that, even though there's a built-in microphone in the earbuds, that audio source is not connected to my laptop. A perfect example is I'm...
  8. Bose QC Earbuds Connect for Music & Audio but not Voice

Bose QC Earbuds Connect for Music & Audio but not Voice: Hi all, I've been using my Bose QC Earbuds as a headset for Zoom calls on my work computer running Win10 for a while now. I've realized that, even though there's a built-in microphone in the earbuds, that audio source is not connected to my laptop. A perfect example is I'm...
  9. Bose QC Earbuds Connect for Music & Audio but not Voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player Files glitch - all music now shows as "0 bytes," and all other file...: WIndows Media Player has lost virtually all of the Music files information it had. I have over 3,000 songs in my Music folder, which suddenly disappeared from WMP after a power glitch on my desktop. Now WMP shows all files as "0 bytes," shows no file information. I did have...