Windows 10: My name is not listed among Users!

Discus and support My name is not listed among Users! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've noticed that C/Users does not show my name. It only shows Jim and Public. Hovering over all documents indicates the target as C: Users/Jim. Jim is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Marites1, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Marites1 Win User

My name is not listed among Users!

I've noticed that C/Users does not show my name. It only shows Jim and Public. Hovering over all documents indicates the target as C: Users/Jim.
    Jim is my husband, but he does not even have a logon on this computer.
    How could this have happened and should I do anything about it? All data files were transferred by Best Buy from a failed Dell Windows 10 computer.

:)

Marites1, Aug 8, 2019

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 8, 2019
  4. My name is not listed among Users!

user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

My name is not listed among Users!

1. My name is not listed among Users! - Similar Threads - name listed among

2. Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!: I see discussion here that the user cannot change the user folder without complications. But Windows already changed the name of my user folder on its own at some point -- I don't know quite when. It added one letter, or more accurately decided that what I wanted was the...
  3. Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 changed the name of my user folder -- how to change it back? among other things!: I see discussion here that the user cannot change the user folder without complications. But Windows already changed the name of my user folder on its own at some point -- I don't know quite when. It added one letter, or more accurately decided that what I wanted was the...
  4. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  5. Users folder name does name match user name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...
  6. Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Router listed among network computers. Can it be removed?: As this image shows, my Linksys router has created an extra "computer" on my network that carries my network's name. Ideally, the list should only show the three computers I have on the network. I know the extra computer is my router, but it serves no purpose being there....
  7. How to add the "other user" option among the user list?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to add the "other user" option among the user list?: Hi I would like to know how do I add the "other user" option to the list of users in case I want to logon with a user that is not listed on the user list. I'm using a standalone computer not added to a domain. [img] 173007
  8. Want to allow user to sign in but have list of names hidden

in Windows 10 Customization
    Want to allow user to sign in but have list of names hidden: Have seen a bunch of topics, comments, questions close to this question but no answer to my specific question. Seems like a no brainer to me but no one else seems to want the same thing...... I want the list of users hidden on the Windows 10 login screen, but users should...
  9. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  10. Startup user is not in user list

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup user is not in user list: At startup Win 10 quickly goes to a user and says "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again". I click OK and then select the proper user from a list on the left of the screen, then click "Sign In" and everything is fine. That first user is not in my list of users....