Windows 10: My network adapter disappeared from my computer.

Discus and support My network adapter disappeared from my computer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. So I have a question. About a month ago I did a system restore on my computer to fix a problem when I downloaded a program. When my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by L04, Sep 18, 2019.

1. L04
    L04 Win User

My network adapter disappeared from my computer.

Hi. So I have a question. About a month ago I did a system restore on my computer to fix a problem when I downloaded a program. When my computer rebooted, my internet connection was gone and there were no wireless networks available.

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11S. Intel Core i5-3339Y Processor. I have Windows 10 Home version 1809 which was installed on August 23rd, 2019. OS build : 17763.678

I went into my device manager and clicked on view and then clicked on show hidden devices. It shows network adapters but my Realtek RTL8723AE Wireless LAN 802.11n (n= Wi-Fi 4), Bluetooth 4.0 doesn’t show up.

However, my Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader shows up in the Universal Serial Bus Controllers. I’m not sure if that has anything to do with my network adapter.

How can I fix this issue? Would I need to get a USB ethernet adapter to connect my computer to the internet to fix this issue?

:)

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 18, 2019
  3. jwblue Win User
    Wireless adapter not found in Device Manager

I ran the Lenovo Solution Center. Network Adapter was not listed in the hardware scanned. Not sure if there is a separate listing for that normally or not.

Ever since I ran a power cycle the adapter has not appeared in the Device Manager.

Does anyone believe removing the adapter and putting it back would solve the issue? I would rather not open my computer if there is little chance of it solving the issue. I am a complete novice doing this.

Not sure if this is relevant but in my Network Adapter in Device Manager there was "Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter". It has since disappeared.

jwblue, Sep 18, 2019
  4. My network adapter disappeared from my computer.

Wireless network adapter disappearing?

Hi, I've had an Asus Q400A for about 4 years now. A few months ago, it started doing this thing where I'll be working online, and suddenly I'll lose wifi connection. Then the wifi bars at the bottom of the screen have a yellow exclamation mark on
    them, and then a few seconds later it turns into the Ethernet sign with a red x on it. My wireless adapter disappears completely. If I go to my device manager, all that is listed under my network adapters is the "Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
    Controller (NDIS 6.30)." I am missing my "Intell Centrino Wireless-N 2230" wireless network adapter. It's like my computer's wifi is completely disabled, and I am only able to connect to the internet via Ethernet. Sometimes I am able to fix it with the troubleshooter
    before the adapter shuts off completely and disappears, as it always turns yellow with the exclamation mark for a few seconds before disappearing. If I am fast enough I can run the troubleshooter and it will reset the wireless network adapter before it disappears.
    But when this doesn't work or I am too late, not even restarting or shutting down my computer will bring it back. It just kind of comes back on its own after I let my computer sit turned off for a few hours. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, as I am a busy high
    school senior, and most of my school work and internship work is done on my computer. I have tried reinstalling the intell wireless adapter driver, and that did not work. What should I do? Is this a hardware problem? I have an Asus Q400A notebook running Windows
    10. I have also tried turning off the option for the computer to turn off the adapter to save battery and that did not work.

carsond2704, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

My network adapter disappeared from my computer.

1. My network adapter disappeared from my computer. - Similar Threads - network adapter disappeared

2. Computer disappearing from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer disappearing from network: My wife's computer, which is on my home network, keeps disappearing from the network. This happens every few days. I can fix it by going to services.msc and shutting down the function discovery provider host and resource publication and restarting them. But I can't work out...
  3. Bluetooth disappeared from my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disappeared from my computer.: The Bluetooth app in my Dell laptop doesn't even appear on the hidden devices of Device Manager. I run all updates, I reset my computer several times, I run the Bluetooth troubleshooting, and yet it does not come back. Does anyone have the same problem? Any suggestion?...
  4. Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep

Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep: I have an HP Envy laptop with a Realtek embedded wifi/bluetooth adapter built in. For the past couple of days, every time it resumes from sleep, the adapter has disappeared from device manager and therefore it never connects to my network. If I power it off and on again, the...
  5. Network Adapter Disappeared

Network Adapter Disappeared: Hi all, Yesterday I noticed that my Wifi connection on my HP PC Windows 10 dropped and gave me the notifiation “Not connected - no connections available”. I hadn’t done anything different so it was a bit odd. After looking through the device manager and some quick fix...
  6. My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared: hello, so I have a big problem. so my computer glitched out and it forced itself to shut off. when I turn it back on, my internet won't pop up and my computer is telling me that I have to connect my pc to an Ethernet cable. So I go to my device manager, go to network...
  7. Network adapter disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network adapter disappears: Hi, After upgrading from W7 to W10 Home edition on an old Packard-Bell PC, connection with the LAN is often lost. If I look Network Connections in the Network and Sharing Center, the adapter has disappeared. If I then go the Device Manager, the adapter is shown as not...
  8. HVsilcs Network Adapter disappearing.

HVsilcs Network Adapter disappearing.: Hello Everyone. In the past I have a created some threads about Windows Defender Application Guard and several issues I have come to found. Previously, I managed to get it to run by doing a fresh install after upgrading to 1903. The issue is that I cannot find the...
  9. network adapter driver disappeared

network adapter driver disappeared: Microsoft did an update last Tuesday and somehow my network adapter driver disappeared so I can't get on the internet. Where can I go to get my network driver back? I assume that I will have to download it to a USB and then install it on my computer. Thanks....
  10. Disappearance of my files from the computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Disappearance of my files from the computer: Hello I do not speak English I hope that the idea you up well (Disappearance of my files from the computer) For the first time since the installation of Windows has been pressure on signout After some time. I wanted to use the computer. The log on again But The...