Windows 10: My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

Discus and support My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So, I searched for solutions online but nothing helped. Basically when I open file explorer or open any kind of mini window to maybe upload or download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jd-18, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Jd-18 Win User

My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]So, I searched for solutions online but nothing helped. Basically when I open file explorer or open any kind of mini window to maybe upload or download a file, my internet drops for a few seconds and comes back up. Weather I am on a online meet or anything like that, if I open explorer of any kind the call drops and connects again after a few seconds. I am connected on WIFI and there's no such problem on any of my other device which is connected to the same network doesn't matter if it is a mobile or laptop.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba36, 39, 41, 1]I tried looking into task manager and performance monitor but could not find anything useful from there. Do help me for the same ![/COLOR]

:)

Jd-18, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Deuce642 Win User

windows 10 file explorer opens for a split second then crashes

This problem occurs if I try opening any folder or file explorer itself for example:

• an existing file folder with files in it that is on my desktop,
    • opening the file explorer from the taskbar (I have since unpinned it as this was suggested as a fix in some forums)
    • opening file explorer using the start menu
    • opening file explorer using the windows key + E
    In each case the explorer dialogue box will pop up momentarily then disappear again (perhaps a second or 2 sometimes, other times just a flash.)

So far I have tried:

• ensuring that windows 10 is totally up to date
    • run the sfc scannow - this came up with no error found
    • made sure that the settings for file explorer were set to opening at 'this pc'

I am absolutely out of ideas. Can someone please help?

Deuce642, Mar 27, 2021
  3. File explorer will not open on windows 10

In this case, it's possible that the File Explorer is set to open an incorrect/corrupted file location. To rule out folder path related issues, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box. From the search result, click
      Control Panel.
    • Select Small icons from the View by: drop-down list located on the top right side of the window.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • Under the General tab, select This
      PC
      from the Open File Explorer to: drop-down list.
    • Click OK.

Once you're done, open File Explorer again and check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back if you encounter any challenges along the process.

Darwin Dim, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Open File Explorer with pre-defined directory?

Welcome to TenForums @clsven

First, pin File Explorer to the task bar. You can then click and drag a folder (such as Videos) and drop it on the File Explorer icon to pin it to File Explorer. The list of pinned folders can be accessed by right-clicking on the File Explorer icon. Select a folder from the list and you will open File Explorer at that folder. This is the same list of pinned folders that you will see in File Explorer's Quick Access.

My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer [​IMG]

Thema:

1. My network drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer - Similar Threads - network drops few

2. After reinstalling Windows 10, when I click on "Network" in File Explorer, no drop down...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After reinstalling Windows 10, when I click on "Network" in File Explorer, no drop down...: When I click on "Network" in File Explorer, all my available network devices show up in the panel on the right but appear in a drop down menu from "Network". I need to see these devices under "Network" so I can map my Synology Cloud network drive for my Plex application. I've...
  3. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  4. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  5. My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet drops for a few seconds when I open File Explorer: Hello!I'm having this issue that whenever I open File Explorer my internet connection drops for about 2-3 seconds then it comes back. It is very annyoing when I'm in a call or meet because it freezes. This is also happening when I'm downloading something from my browser and...
  6. Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds: Hi, Windows 10 Pro 20H2, all up to date. The PC freezes from time to time, for a few seconds or more. Mouse can move but click won't have effect. Key stroke will be accepted but not displayed until it unfreeze. I started to have Task manager running on the side so I...
  7. transfer speed drops after few second

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    transfer speed drops after few second: Hi i need help with transfer speed, because after few second of tranfering speed goes to very slow . thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-speed-drops-after-few-second/297b6751-3708-44b7-ab6b-dfada7280186
  8. Explorer freezing randomly on opening random folders for a few second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer freezing randomly on opening random folders for a few second: I have the following problem on my laptop, Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H 16GB RAM, that the Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds, maybe 3-5 seconds on random folders. Just happened again after I opened it and clicked c: and the content just showed up after 3 seconds or so...
  9. File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Jumping To Top of List Every Few Seconds: I have read every page of the forum on the subject: "File Explorer Keeps Jumping Back To The Top" and the most poplular solution regarding turning off the "Automactically Select Color" option referred to apparently has nothing to do with my problem because I have gone in to...
  10. Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Drops out for 2-3 seconds when I move a file in File explorer: It does not make any difference if it is in Windows Player 12 or when I listen to Audio in Youtube. It is more of an annoyance than an inconvenience. I have a HP Pavilion Series G7-1260Us. I know a dinosaur. 4gb Ram 640 Drive C Hard drive. Intel Core I-3@ 2330 CPU @ 2.20Ghz....