Windows 10: my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2

Discus and support my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So Comcast is who we have our internet service with and they did an update to our systems like 1 week ago and then most people here had network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Erin Murray1, May 14, 2024.

1. my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2

So Comcast is who we have our internet service with and they did an update to our systems like 1 week ago and then most people here had network connectivity issues. We fixed them mostly with a network reset and a windows update. Problem is it continues to happen almost everyday. Now my audio does not work at all and I can't print. This reset the network deal multiple times a day has to end!! I don't have the time or patience to reset every day.

:)

Erin Murray1, May 14, 2024

2. 2 computers 2 different networks

Welcome to the TenForums @Cherepes

I going to suggest we go right back to square one.

First unplug your router, wait 20 secs and plug back in.

Then of both laptops do the following steps

Create restore points.

Next I going to suggest we reset your network totally. There are trouble shooters you may wish to try, but you've likely already tried some. Resetting the network means you loose all wireless passwords. I know you are using wire but if you have some saved wireless passwords they are erased.

Click on Start => Settings => Network and Internet

Scroll down on right window, at the bottom "Reset network".

Reboot.

Then decide which device should initiate Homegroup. On that device right on network icon in systray, lower right of screen, Open network and sharing center, lower left of Window that opens clcik on Homegroup, then Create a homegroup.

Then on other device join the homegroup.

Post back please

Ken

Caledon Ken, May 14, 2024
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, May 14, 2024
  4. Darknova Win User

my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2

Networking

Yeah, I don't have a base station in my network. The router is controlled remotely over the LAN from any PC that is connected to the network.

Darknova, May 14, 2024
Thema:

my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2

1. my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2 - Similar Threads - network keeps resetting

2. My network is not working after network reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network is not working after network reset.: My laptop's network adapters aren't working after I accidentally clicked network reset.Now I having many issues and my network adapters are showing warning indicator and saying "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56"...
  3. My network is not working after network reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network is not working after network reset.: My laptop's network adapters aren't working after I accidentally clicked network reset.Now I having many issues and my network adapters are showing warning indicator and saying "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56"...
  4. My network is not working after network reset.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2: So Comcast is who we have our internet service with and they did an update to our systems like 1 week ago and then most people here had network connectivity issues. We fixed them mostly with a network reset and a windows update. Problem is it continues to happen almost...
  6. my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my network keeps resetting to a different network. Network 2: So Comcast is who we have our internet service with and they did an update to our systems like 1 week ago and then most people here had network connectivity issues. We fixed them mostly with a network reset and a windows update. Problem is it continues to happen almost...
  7. My network is not resetting

My network is not resetting: I have some problem connecting to my internet connection, it says no internet access .So I am trying to reset network but nothing happens ,I had to restart multiple times but it doesn't reset....
  8. Network adapter keeps resetting

Network adapter keeps resetting: Hi, my network adapter keeps disconnecting and resetting itself. I first encountered the problem a few weeks ago but only for once or so per month. But now the problem has become really painful. My network adapter FRITZ!WLAN USB Stick AC 430 MU-MIMO, has also happened with...
  9. Wifi keeps changing to different network

Wifi keeps changing to different network: My wifi has 3 available wifi's listed and it automatically tries to connect to all of them. How do I delete some of the Wifi's I don't use and get it to stop this mess! It is always saying I don't have internet service but once I click unconnect automatically on the ones I...
  10. 2 computers 2 different networks

2 computers 2 different networks: I have 2 HP Desktops that I cannot get to communicate with each other. Did not have this problem before the "Automatic" Windows 10 upgrade. The machines are identical except that 1 has Windows 10 Pro and the other Windows 10 Home. I can see both computers on the network, but...