Windows 10: My network or my computer?

Discus and support My network or my computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I noticed that when I open an app that required internet connection, it just can't connect and wait like about 10-15 seconds even though I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Huy TruongNgo, Jun 28, 2020.

1. My network or my computer?

Recently I noticed that when I open an app that required internet connection, it just can't connect and wait like about 10-15 seconds even though I already connected to a wifi network. So I open task manger to look at the graph, when I open an app that need internet connection, the graph just stop for that amount of time. This might be my network problem but but when I just got the computer everything just fine until it starting to day which is kinda odd.

Hope you'll respond this question.

:)

Huy TruongNgo, Jun 28, 2020
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Paulieg Win User
    My new Opty 165 OC

I'm happy with it. I just wish my second core wasn't so sensitive. I think my first core would be happy at 2.8. My only suggestion is looking on ebay. Sometimes there are some on auction that give you the steppings. That's how I found mine from tr740. He had it on auction w/ steppings. I paid around 165. Great deal, when you know your getting a brand new cpu with a great stepping.

Paulieg, Jun 28, 2020
  4. My network or my computer?

updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and We apologies for delay in responding.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

For each of the machines experiencing this behavior, will you please perform the following:

Step 1: Ensure Network Discovery is enabled.

• Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
    • For each Network Category (Public, Private, Domain) you wish to have the feature enabled, click the arrow to the right of the category to expand it, and select “Turn on network discovery” & check “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices”
    Step 2: Ensure that Network Discovery is allowed inbound in the Windows Firewall (in addition to any other firewall in use).

• [Windows Key + R] > Firewall.cpl
    • Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.
    • In the Allowed apps and features scroll box, find “Network Discovery”.
    • Make sure it is checked for all of the Network categories that you have enabled.
    Step 3: Ensure the necessary services are started.

• [Windows Key + R] > Services.msc
    • Base Filtering Engine(BFE)
    • Computer Browser(Browser)
    • DHCP Client(DHCP)
    • DNS Client(DNSCache)
    • Network Connection (NetMan)
    • Network Location Awareness(NLASvc)
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)(RPCSS)
    • Server(LANManServer)
    • SSDP Discovery (SSDPSrv)
    • TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (LMHosts)
    • Workstation(LANManWorkstation)

Step 4: I would suggest you to run Home Group troubleshooter and see if that helps.
    • Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    Let us know the update after you try the above steps.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

My network or my computer?

1. My network or my computer? - Similar Threads - network computer

2. Make my computer recognize my network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Make my computer recognize my network drive: I have two Windows 10 computers on my home network, and one shared network drive. One computer recognizes it, but the other does not. How do I make my computer recognize the drive?...
  3. network computers

network computers: How do I network computers now that homegroup is gone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-computers/1a0904db-949a-43fc-b29b-3d86cbec228d
  4. My Computer Functions As If It Is Connected to a Network Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer Functions As If It Is Connected to a Network Drive: I am using Windows 10 release 1909 on my personal laptop. I am having unusual behavior from it. It shows a message that that I am connected to an external drive, which I do not have, when I run my antivirus. It doesn't update Windows automatically and sometime when I...
  5. Cannot see computer over the network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot see computer over the network: Hi all. I have two Windows 10 computers on the same network: a desktop and a laptop. The desktop can see the laptop via Windows Explorer-->Network, but the laptop cannot see the desktop. How can I troubleshoot that? For the past several years, I never experienced this issue....
  6. Desktop computer showing up as a Media Device on the network instead of a Computer. Unable...

Desktop computer showing up as a Media Device on the network instead of a Computer. Unable...: My Computer is showing up on the network as a Media Device, as seen below. [ATTACH] It shows up this way both on the Desktop machine itself, and the laptop trying to access it. The machine is running version 1903, currently on OS build 18362.418. This is my first time...
  7. can't discover other computer on network

can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  8. Windows 10 frequently fails to see computers on Ethernet network

Windows 10 frequently fails to see computers on Ethernet network: I have a mix of Windows computers connected peer-to-peer through an SMC 16-port switch. Frequently the Win 10 machines fail to 'see' other PCs on the network - the Win 7 and XP machines can see all the others and transfer files between them. One of the Win 10 machines can...
  9. Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box

Two computer network connected through Comcast cable box: Our two computers just received a Microsoft update and since the update I cannot connect my two computers through our cable network box. This has worked for the whole year until just now. My computers cannot recognize the other computer that is connected anymore but both...
  10. HELP my computer wont stop connecting and disconnecting from my network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP my computer wont stop connecting and disconnecting from my network: I have a ROG laptop and it connects and disconnect from my network. submitted by /u/lamacananegra [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqq3mb/help_my_computer_wont_stop_connecting_and/