Windows 10: My network or my computer?

Discus and support My network or my computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently I noticed that when I open an app that required internet connection, it just can't connect and wait like about 10-15 seconds even though I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Huy TruongNgo, Jun 28, 2020.

1. My network or my computer?

Recently I noticed that when I open an app that required internet connection, it just can't connect and wait like about 10-15 seconds even though I already connected to a wifi network. So I open task manger to look at the graph, when I open an app that need internet connection, the graph just stop for that amount of time. This might be my network problem but but when I just got the computer everything just fine until it starting to day which is kinda odd.

Hope you'll respond this question.

:)

Huy TruongNgo, Jun 28, 2020
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Jun 28, 2020
  3. Paulieg Win User
    My new Opty 165 OC

I'm happy with it. I just wish my second core wasn't so sensitive. I think my first core would be happy at 2.8. My only suggestion is looking on ebay. Sometimes there are some on auction that give you the steppings. That's how I found mine from tr740. He had it on auction w/ steppings. I paid around 165. Great deal, when you know your getting a brand new cpu with a great stepping.

Paulieg, Jun 28, 2020
  4. My network or my computer?

updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you and We apologies for delay in responding.

This issue might occur due to incorrect settings. I would suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

For each of the machines experiencing this behavior, will you please perform the following:

Step 1: Ensure Network Discovery is enabled.

• Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
    • For each Network Category (Public, Private, Domain) you wish to have the feature enabled, click the arrow to the right of the category to expand it, and select “Turn on network discovery” & check “Turn on automatic setup of network connected devices”
    Step 2: Ensure that Network Discovery is allowed inbound in the Windows Firewall (in addition to any other firewall in use).

• [Windows Key + R] > Firewall.cpl
    • Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall” in the left pane.
    • In the Allowed apps and features scroll box, find “Network Discovery”.
    • Make sure it is checked for all of the Network categories that you have enabled.
    Step 3: Ensure the necessary services are started.

• [Windows Key + R] > Services.msc
    • Base Filtering Engine(BFE)
    • Computer Browser(Browser)
    • DHCP Client(DHCP)
    • DNS Client(DNSCache)
    • Network Connection (NetMan)
    • Network Location Awareness(NLASvc)
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)(RPCSS)
    • Server(LANManServer)
    • SSDP Discovery (SSDPSrv)
    • TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper (LMHosts)
    • Workstation(LANManWorkstation)

Step 4: I would suggest you to run Home Group troubleshooter and see if that helps.
    • Click Start and type troubleshooting in the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Run HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    Let us know the update after you try the above steps.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

My network or my computer?

1. My network or my computer? - Similar Threads - network computer

2. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  3. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi: Normally I'm connected via ethernet to a 1GB broadband connection and that works fine, but that went down yesterday and I'm trying to get connected to WiFi. I have some USB WiFi antennas I'm trying to use. This problem is the same on two Win 10 machines, both running with the...
  4. Windows 10 Desktop Computer "Can't connect to this network" when trying to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network": Windows 10 Pro 22H2In Windows explorer, when Network is selected, "This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect" is displayed. Despite this, al other network systems are visible. Clicking on the "Click to connect..." does nothing.The Network & Internet...
  6. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network": Windows 10 Pro 22H2In Windows explorer, when Network is selected, "This computer is not connected to a network. Click to connect" is displayed. Despite this, al other network systems are visible. Clicking on the "Click to connect..." does nothing.The Network & Internet...
  7. Windows 10 "This computer is not connected to a network"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Locate computer on my network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locate computer on my network: Computer on my profile is mor mine I would like location as I suspect whom is illegally accessing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-computer-on-my-network/e6f1a48f-5fe4-42dc-a7a0-4442769b865e
  9. Locate computer on my network

Locate computer on my network: Computer on my profile is mor mine I would like location as I suspect whom is illegally accessing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-computer-on-my-network/e6f1a48f-5fe4-42dc-a7a0-4442769b865e
  10. Computer available but not showing up in network folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer available but not showing up in network folder: We have a small office network with 18 computers and we need to reach each others folders every day, the problem is not every pc is showing up in the network folder but they are still available if I type the adress I can find it but it's really inconvenient. We are using...