Windows 10: My network status is showing not connected inspite my WiFi is on and troubleshooting...

Discus and support My network status is showing not connected inspite my WiFi is on and troubleshooting... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My network status is showing not connected inspite my WiFi is on and troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem. My audio is also having red... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ShreyasThakur, Sep 28, 2020.

1. My network status is showing not connected inspite my WiFi is on and troubleshooting...

My network status is showing not connected inspite my WiFi is on and troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem.

My audio is also having red coloured cross.

I watched lots of videos online on how to fix but none worked

Please help ASAP

I have lecture in the next 6 hours.

Edit 1:- I tried to reset and refresh my PC as well.

But it showed There was a problem resetting your PC

:)

ShreyasThakur, Sep 28, 2020
  2. coffent Win User

How to connect to an existing wifi network?

As you suggested, I tried disabling the ethernet adapter and that caused wi-fi to connect, so the desktop wifi does work. Also, I accessed the router and changed the wireless network name (to wfCHS). Thanks!

However many problems are still unresolved:

My laptop behaves just as I want it to. Assuming the router has wifi turned on and the laptop has an ethernet connection, connection to the internet is by ethernet (no private network name), and the wi-fi connection is to my private network "wfCHS", but with no connection to the internet. (If I disconnect the ethernet cable, then wfCHS becomes connected to the internet and stays that way even if I reconnect the cable.) A directory listing shows both laptop and desktop under "Network". Great!

Things are rather different with the desktop. With Ethernet disabled, the desktop shows a wi-fi connection to the internet. Under Settings > Status it's called "wfCHS" but under Network Connections it's called wfCHS2. If I then re-enable the ethernet connection, the wifi connection stays enabled for a minute or two, then disconnects. Further, the ethernet connection is given the name wfCHS2 under both Status and Network Connections.

Why does the desktop give an (unwanted) name to the ethernet connection while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop disconnect its wi-fi connection a minute or so after the ethernet connection is enabled, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the desktop give two different names to the wifi connection, depending on whether it's viewed under Status or Network Connections, while the laptop doesn't?

Why does the laptop show the desktop under Network, while the desktop shows only itself?

Things are so convoluted that I'd be happy to start over. I've had the desktop "forget" the wi-fi connection as you suggested, then re-established it, but this hasn't helped. Can the ethernet connection also be "forgotten"?

Really appreciate the help you've given so far!

coffent, Sep 28, 2020
  3. WIFI CONNECTION

Hello!

I would suggest you to run the Network troubleshooter as it could fix this problem.

You can do this by:

1. Select the Start button > Settings > Network & Internet > Status.
    2. Under Change your network settings, select Network troubleshooter.
    3. Follow the steps in the troubleshooter.

If you still encounter the same problem, I would suggest you to refer to this guide: Fix Network Connection Issues

anton285fb, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

My network status is showing not connected inspite my WiFi is on and troubleshooting...

Internet through wifi connection

Hi Sammy,

A few possible reasons can cause WiFi connection issues. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Can you connect to the WiFi hotspot of your router? If yes, what is the status of the connection?
    • Does your laptop automatically connect to the WiFi? Do you need to type a password when connecting?
    • Can your laptop detect other WiFi hotspots around your location?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter while connected using WiFi. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. To run it, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • In the search bar, type Network problems, and then select Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

My network status is showing not connected inspite my WiFi is on and troubleshooting...

1. My network status is showing not connected inspite my WiFi is on and troubleshooting... - Similar Threads - network status showing

2. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  3. My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Wifi Status IPv4 Connectivity as No Network Status: Last night, my laptop could not seem to connect to the internet using our main wifi router. We have two - which is our main router and an extender. My laptop can connect to the extender without any problem, but can’t do the same for the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands of the main...
  4. My wifi is not show. In my laptop how to connect network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi is not show. In my laptop how to connect network: Wifi related https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-is-not-show-in-my-laptop-how-to-connect/ea66bfd6-56d1-4408-a949-898d13459b8b
  5. My wifi is not show. In my laptop how to connect network

My wifi is not show. In my laptop how to connect network: Wifi related https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-is-not-show-in-my-laptop-how-to-connect/ea66bfd6-56d1-4408-a949-898d13459b8b
  6. My wifi has been disabled I can't connect to any network and if is showing Error status...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi has been disabled I can't connect to any network and if is showing Error status...: My network isn't showing on the task bar and even in the network setting it isn't showing it is like it has been completely disabled I don't know what to do...
  7. My wifi has been disabled I can't connect to any network and if is showing Error status...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wifi has been disabled I can't connect to any network and if is showing Error status...: My network isn't showing on the task bar and even in the network setting it isn't showing it is like it has been completely disabled I don't know what to do...
  8. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  9. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected: I am using a HP EQ2024AU laptop I recently had to reset my windows os due to some errors after that everything worked fine even the internet is working fine but the internet status icon shows that its not connected to internet whereas all webpages are opening fine like...
  10. Wifi is connected and working but Network Status shows not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing