Windows 10: My network was disconnected last night on Sept 23, 10:30PM while updating!

Discus and support My network was disconnected last night on Sept 23, 10:30PM while updating! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was doing a Windows 10 Home Update to Version 2014 last night, but then the WiFi network was so suddenly disconnected with the globe symbol only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alex White_47, Sep 23, 2020.

1. My network was disconnected last night on Sept 23, 10:30PM while updating!

I was doing a Windows 10 Home Update to Version 2014 last night, but then the WiFi network was so suddenly disconnected with the globe symbol only showing.
    What should I do? If I do not update my Windows 10 laptop sometime, my laptop could be vulnerable to hackers, cause the message within the Notifications Center had said that “if I do not update very soon, my Windows 10 service would be discontinued”!
    It happened so fast that I couldn’t take a screenshot!

I am worried about losing my Windows 10 laptop PC service, even though I have a backup of my pixel work stored on my portable Toshiba drive!

Including My Avira Prime was telling me that I have an outdated Windows 10 Home Version, but the progress bar doesn’t want to budge to 100% as to fix that issue!

This update issue had really happened last night.

:)

Alex White_47, Sep 23, 2020

2. Wifi Disconnecting after Sept, 2016 windows update

After the Sept, 23 2016 automatic windows update, the wifi was no longer stable and disconnects several times during the day.

The wifi adapter shows an update occurred during the Sept 23 update.

I have an ASUS computer that using a Realteck 8821 Wireless LAN 802.11 ac PCI-E NIC.

I have turn off wifi sense, turned off option to power save, disabled and enable it. Windows claims the driver is updated.

Any other suggestions?

CharlesAsus, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Wifi Disconnecting after Sept, 2016 windows update

Thanks Meliton. I did already try the Jmarco suggestion with no success.

Regarding the wireless card driver; when I looked in the device manager the driver date is March 23, 2016 so that is not what was updated in the Sept 23rd update. The event log for the wireless card driver shows the following for Sept 23rd at 4am in the
    morning.

Device Configured (netrtwlane.inf)

Device Started (WTWlanE)

Device Installed (netrtwlane.inf)

I do not know why that was done and what update caused the device to be installed again. But I do not think it was the driver since the driver date is March 23, 2016.

I have also uninstalled and re-installed the wireless card with no success.

Thanks,

Charles

CharlesAsus, Sep 23, 2020
  4. My network was disconnected last night on Sept 23, 10:30PM while updating!

Windows 10 frequently disconnects from Network

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter
    Method 2: Try updating the latest Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

• Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:
    • Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter.
    • Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

My network was disconnected last night on Sept 23, 10:30PM while updating!

1. My network was disconnected last night on Sept 23, 10:30PM while updating! - Similar Threads - network was disconnected

2. Update on the problem from last night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update on the problem from last night: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sakura_Kamishiro [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j95ncm/update_on_the_problem_from_last_night/
  3. Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking: Got Windows update last night and it broke Xbox Networking. Router is all set with port forwarding, provider is not changing anything and got strict NAT type and blocked server connectivity. Tried the last fix that worked and that was using "Fix it button" combined with...
  4. Windows UpDate From Last Night

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows UpDate From Last Night: This thing is hung up. It reboots and I can get to the basic screen, but about half my icons don't render. Also, on the toolbar, my icons aren't there. The Windows icon in the bottom left corner is black and white and when you hover the mouse over it, you get the blue circle...
  5. Windows update last night

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update last night: Just checkexc what was new after the update applied last night and can't find anything about Microsoft overwriting my personalisations. For instance you have removed my wallpaper and replaced it with a black screen and have changed my screensaver from "Windows 10 is ****" to...
  6. Cumulative Update KB4522011 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.2046 Sept. 23 Win Update

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4522011 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.2046 Sept. 23 Win Update: September 23, 2019 - KB4522011 (OS Build 15063.2046) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1703 IMPORTANT Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education editions will reach end of service on October 8, 2019. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends...
  7. 1809 update last night wiped my PC

1809 update last night wiped my PC: Seriously?! I thought you had pulled the update in October until you fixed the issue and released it again.........so I didn't even think twice about running it. The update wiped my entire laptop! How can you have such an epic fail on the same update this many times?! I...
  8. lastest microsoft update last night

lastest microsoft update last night: Last night my computer updated and when I turned my computer on there are a lot of foreign looking symbols in the place of my shortcuts and on my word documents. I open a new word document and instead of "save" or "home" at the top I get boxes, triangles, question marks...
  9. Did Windows update last night now no network or desktop

Did Windows update last night now no network or desktop: Hi, I have an HP with Windows 7 updated to Windows 10. All has been fine with the computer until i finally did Windows Update last night. That took so long I kept computer and went to bed. This morning I wake up to a computer not opening showing the picture below....
  10. Last nights update failed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Last nights update failed.: Since last nights update my computer won't take my pin number, says it is wrong. 65051