Windows 10: My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the...

Discus and support My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have tried all the procedures from youtube of unchecking the "always show icons, never thumbnails" in view option of the folder options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DannyDanielles, Apr 14, 2021.

1. My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the...

My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the... ca73e9fe-e2cc-47e8-827e-72ea8d4b427a?upload=true.jpg

I have tried all the procedures from youtube of unchecking the "always show icons, never thumbnails" in view option of the folder options.

The image thumbnails dont appear only until u click and open an image, thus for the new and unopened images, thumbnails dont show

Someone help me out.

:)

DannyDanielles, Apr 14, 2021
  2. banditrvp Win User

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the... [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Dgo47 Win User
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Apr 14, 2021
  4. sygnus21 Win User

My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the...

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

What's a "full folder"???

Anyway, my dedicated folder with hundreds of PDF files generated images rather quickly. Same goes for the hundreds of thumbnails generated from my various image types - tiff, jpeg, NEF I've installed on my drives. Perhaps because I'm only running SSD drives?

Anyway here's my PDF associations....

My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the... [​IMG]

sygnus21, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the...

1. My New and unopened images don't show thumbnails until they are opened. What could be the... - Similar Threads - unopened images don't

2. Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?: One of my hobbies is archiving thousands of pieces of artwork I find online. I love to organize and spend hours sorting images into different folders by theme and media. The way I have it set up is every file has a home in an "ALL" folder, and every subsequent folder for...
  3. Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?: One of my hobbies is archiving thousands of pieces of artwork I find online. I love to organize and spend hours sorting images into different folders by theme and media. The way I have it set up is every file has a home in an "ALL" folder, and every subsequent folder for...
  4. Image shortcut thumbnails don't display?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files

Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files: Thumbnails do not load when I open picture or video folders. I have tried several remedies suggested online, but none work. Sometimes the thumbnails show, but when I close the folder and reopen they become blank 'envelopes'. Is there a simple solution I can perform myself?...
  6. Image thumbnails not showing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image thumbnails not showing!: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, All the images preview "thumbnails" are broken in my Win10 pc https://preview.redd.it/nkmlmmu6xx161.png?width=463&format=png&auto=webp&s=65be032605918132d37458c5c79975ae1c8dc717 I didn't find many reporting this issue, except this post:...
  7. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  8. Image thumbnails not showing

Image thumbnails not showing: Hello, The icons for my images are all screwed up in Windows 10: [ATTACH] I rebuilt the icon cache with these commands: ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A shutdown /r /f /t 00 This fixed another problem I...
  9. Thumbnails not showing image in Photos

Thumbnails not showing image in Photos: I am new to Windows 10 and I'm not sure what I've done, but all of the thumbnails for all my photos look like the Photos icon. The one that has a blue background and looks like a couple little mountains. How do I get then to show the photo image again?...
  10. PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?

in Windows 10 Support
    PDF files_ Some show thumbnail image, some don't?: I am having this problem with PDF files. Some of them show the 1st page of the file(mostly books front cover) as thumbnail image on the desktop, and, inside folders, but, some don't show the thumbnail image of the first page in the file. These files that don't show the...