Windows 10: My new computer has insomnia

Discus and support My new computer has insomnia in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a new HP Z2 Mini G4 computer. Everything works fine so far except when I shut it down. The power light turns off and then about a minute... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnpd, Nov 11, 2018.

1. johnpd Win User

My new computer has insomnia

I just got a new HP Z2 Mini G4 computer. Everything works fine so far except when I shut it down. The power light turns off and then about a minute later, it turns back on and the system restarts. I checked the network adapters and turned off "Wake on Lan". I have turned off "Fast Startup" as well. I saw no strange messages in the Event Log. The BIOS version is only one short of the latest. The latest one only referred to updates to add support for Linux BIOS tools. I am at a loss as to what may be causing it to reboot.

JohnD

:)

johnpd, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Lange666 Win User

Insomnia

Computer suffers from insomnia.
    Computer (Desktop, Win 10 Pro) will not go to sleep although i did change the settings on the power profiles, used various power profiles, created a new one etc... Also the screen will not suspend ever after the given time of non-use.

The only way to make it go to sleep is via a self created link : %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0.
    This works just fine.
    But going to sleep when there is no activity... no joy.
    Looked through the forums and already tried everything i could find, no joy either.

All idea's welcome...

Lange666, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 11, 2018
  4. My new computer has insomnia

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

My new computer has insomnia

1. My new computer has insomnia - Similar Threads - computer has insomnia

2. Why does my computer have insomnia?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer have insomnia?: Basically, every time I put the computer to sleep mode, it wakes itself up not a minute later. Also does this with hibernate mode, I believe. Not even any updates waiting to install, it just don't wanna sleep....
  3. Why does my computer have insomnia?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer have insomnia?: Basically, every time I put the computer to sleep mode, it wakes itself up not a minute later. Also does this with hibernate mode, I believe. Not even any updates waiting to install, it just don't wanna sleep....
  4. New update has my computer bugged

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New update has my computer bugged: Ok so, there was an update recently, which showed the weather and stuff, but when i got this update, i launched my computer, getting ready to open my discord and play some video games, but my pc is just glitched. i was on my browser, and i was trying to go to my discord by...
  5. Windows 10 insomnia

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 insomnia: My pc has had insomnia for the past few weeks and ive been fed up with it. Found a solution today that my ethernet port was apparently the culprit. The fix: device manager>network adapters>intel(r) 82578dm gigabit network connection>properties>power management> (untick) wake...
  6. new computer has lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    new computer has lag: so a month ago I just got a new computer i finsh seting it up everythings fine until i go on chrome and my video randomly pauses i just thought that it was just a glitch with youtube, but i keeps happening, also when i go to photos it takes 10 minutes then the app crashes its...
  7. insomnia (laptop sleep mode issues)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    insomnia (laptop sleep mode issues): i've had an HP G5 255 laptop for work for years. mine worked fine. no issues. then it got stolen out of a rental car in san jose. now i'm using a former coworker's G5 255 -- purchased at the same time as my old system. i didn't reformat it or anything because it has our...
  8. New computer already has an account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    New computer already has an account: I recently bought a new laptop from Target, and when I started to set it up, I realized there is already an account on the laptop which I was asked to log into. I obviously do not have the password to this pre-existing account so I am stuck on the log in screen with no way to...
  9. Insomnia

in Windows 10 Support
    Insomnia: Computer suffers from insomnia. Computer (Desktop, Win 10 Pro) will not go to sleep although i did change the settings on the power profiles, used various power profiles, created a new one etc... Also the screen will not suspend ever after the given time of non-use. The...
  10. Sleep mode suffers from insomnia

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep mode suffers from insomnia: Sleep mode suffers from insomnia. Please see attached Snippet showing my power options relating to Win 10 sleep. When I hit the sleep key on the keyboard, or the Power - Sleep from the drop down menu or the same from the desktop, the PC shuts down, the fans stop. 9 times...