Windows 10: My new computer - Windows 11 S - won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, But...

Discus and support My new computer - Windows 11 S - won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, But... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My new computer came with Windows 11 S. It won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, but it warns me against disabling S. What should I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CB McCleary, Dec 6, 2022.

1. My new computer - Windows 11 S - won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, But...

My new computer came with Windows 11 S. It won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, but it warns me against disabling S. What should I do?

:)

CB McCleary, Dec 6, 2022
  2. Pavan_N Win User

I have windows 10 and my printer is HP OFFICEJET PRO 8610. My laptop says it is offline What do I do?

Hi Donna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Archived - HP Support Community

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 6, 2022
  3. Rhaine C. Win User
    HP 4650 All in one printer won't print in color

Greetings,

I appreciate your swift response, please try the steps below.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Control panel, click Devices and Printers

2.) In the Devices and Printers folder right click on your HP Officejet 4650 and left click on Printer Properties.

3.) Left click on the Advanced tab

4.) Left click on New Driver

5.) When the New Driver window opens just hit 'next' until you see a list of Manufacturers on the left and a list of Printers on the right.

6.) Select HP as the Manufacturer on the left

7.) Select HP Envy 7640 as the printer on the right. If HP Envy 7640 doesn't appear than select 'Windows Update' on the bottom left and once the update completes you will be able to select HP Envy 4500.

8.) After selecting HP Envy 7640 hit next to complete the New Driver Wizard.

9.) Under the Printer Properties window select 'Apply' but don't hit OK

10.) Select the General tab

11.) Rename your printer back to HP Officejet 4650.

12.) Hit OK.

Here's the link as reference:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Software-....

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Dec 6, 2022
  4. ArtTrier Win User

My new computer - Windows 11 S - won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, But...

HP All In One Printer/Scanner/FAX J6400 series - Can't scan w/Windows 10

I have done everything that you have suggested and Windows 10 still will not allow me to scan. All my HP drivers are current and the HP online help process indicates that my printer is fine and online. Any other suggestions?

ArtTrier, Dec 6, 2022
Thema:

My new computer - Windows 11 S - won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, But...

1. My new computer - Windows 11 S - won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, But... - Similar Threads - computer won't let

2. Windows 11 won't let me download Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't let me download Chrome: I just bought a new Asus laptop and I can't download Chrome. I am told to turn off "S mode" but the instructions are for Windows 10 and don't work . How do I download Chrome on this new laptop?...
  3. Windows 11 won't let me download Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't let me download Chrome: I just bought a new Asus laptop and I can't download Chrome. I am told to turn off "S mode" but the instructions are for Windows 10 and don't work . How do I download Chrome on this new laptop?...
  4. Microsoft will not let me download my new Canon printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft will not let me download my new Canon printer: For two days I've adempted to download info for my new Canon Printer. Microsoft blocks each attempt. I follow the instructions to turn off the firewall, that does not work. Your instructions are OUT OF DATE and without a help desk "US" customers suffer...
  5. Microsoft will not let me download my new Canon printer

Microsoft will not let me download my new Canon printer: For two days I've adempted to download info for my new Canon Printer. Microsoft blocks each attempt. I follow the instructions to turn off the firewall, that does not work. Your instructions are OUT OF DATE and without a help desk "US" customers suffer...
  6. My new computer - Windows 11 S - won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, But...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new computer - Windows 11 S - won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, But...: My new computer came with Windows 11 S. It won't let me open my Chrome or my HP printer download, but it warns me against disabling S. What should I do?...
  7. My computer won't let let me update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  8. My computer won't let let me update

My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  9. My computer won't let me sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't let me sign in: I recently tried to upgrade my computer from windows 8.1 to windows 10 and it is not letting me sign in when I try to it say just says just a moment then says signing out black screens that brings me back to the welcome screen I was trying to see if I could get into a...
  10. My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background: Pls help heres a pic[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-let-me-open-anything-and-theres/c4c6d37a-a9c6-4d29-bb1e-c446a6d89191