Windows 10: my new Dell laptop randomly shut down

Discus and support my new Dell laptop randomly shut down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a Dell G3 15 laptop a month ago, and it keeps turning off randomly, it's not often, in a month it turned off 4 times but it's annoying. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by farantgh, Jul 25, 2021.

1. farantgh Win User

my new Dell laptop randomly shut down

I bought a Dell G3 15 laptop a month ago, and it keeps turning off randomly, it's not often, in a month it turned off 4 times but it's annoying. I found this event:I am sure this event is related to turn off, how should I solve this?any Idea?

:)

farantgh, Jul 25, 2021
  2. GinaCoy Win User

My NEW Dell laptop keeps restarting randomly (Windows 10)

About 3-5 times a day, my brand new Dell laptop just randomly shuts down while I am working and restarts itself immediately. It is very quick, but also very annoying when I am working with a customer and it does this. It is not doing this in a specific
    application, but very randomly, and I can't seem to find a pattern.

GinaCoy, Jul 25, 2021
  3. rhodes132 Win User
    laptop randomly shutting down

I have a gateway laptop w/ amd turion 64x2 processors,windows vista. I use to be able to play games all day, do 10 things at once and my laptop was fine. All of a sudden i have ran into the problem of my laptop randomly shutting down. At first it was just shutting down when i was playing video games (games that doesn't even have the greatest of graphics and that i played ever since i had laptop which has been for about 2 years); ide say i would be able to play about 5-20 min and randomly would shut down. Then i stopped playing video games on this and now just download music and playing music and if i am downloading music and playing music and converting music it will shut down on me. Seems to keep getting worse and worse, like today i was just browsing the internet it it shutdown on me. I did get a blue screen the other day as well, first time it has happened to me on this laptop. If anyone could tell me what this could be i would greatly appreciate it.

Another note: If i unplug my laptop from the recharger i can usually play until the battery is dead, but it will make my computer real laggy and choppy so its not even worth to do when playing games.

rhodes132, Jul 25, 2021
  4. my new Dell laptop randomly shut down

Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

my new Dell laptop randomly shut down

1. my new Dell laptop randomly shut down - Similar Threads - Dell laptop randomly

2. Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly: Hi, my laptop has been shutting down randomly mostly when im playing games, im not really sure of the reason thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-randomly/e16a9d53-8664-4740-bc3c-65d2a69160c1
  3. Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly: Hi, my laptop has been shutting down randomly mostly when im playing games, im not really sure of the reason thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-randomly/e16a9d53-8664-4740-bc3c-65d2a69160c1
  4. Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop Randomly Shuts Down

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop Randomly Shuts Down: Hello, Recently I connected my ASUS FX505DT Gaming Laptop to an external monitor. So far everything was working just fine with it, until I ordered an external keyboard to connect to the laptop, every time I would be playing some of sort of game. My screen would randomly say...
  6. Laptop randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop randomly shutting down: this might be more of a hardware issue, but I'm not sureHello,Recently my laptop has been shutting down randomly whenever I plug in my charger to the device. Usually when you "shut down" a computer, it stays "on" for a few seconds, with the fans and everything still running...
  7. Dell laptop 6520e shuts down randomly

Dell laptop 6520e shuts down randomly: Hello I have a dell laptop 6520e with windows 10 home 1909 OS 18363.1256 that randomly shuts off. Just bought a new dell battery. Also had a new generic battery from Amazon and thought that was the problem which is why I returned the battery to amazon and purchased the Dell...
  8. New battery for Dell 7737 shutting down laptop randomly al lot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New battery for Dell 7737 shutting down laptop randomly al lot: New battery sometimes says locking then goes dark, hit power button and seems to totally restart. Other times it just goes black and dead, have to restart. It also has popped up "Battery not detected". Happens sometimes every 5 min, not good for laptop. I had zero problems...
  9. Laptop shutting down randomly

Laptop shutting down randomly: For the past month or so, my laptop seems to randomly lock itself and shut down when it's unplugged, even though it might be fully charged when it does it. From experience, it tends to do so when I am playing something audio or video related. No issues occur when the laptop...
  10. Laptop randomly shuts down

Laptop randomly shuts down: Hello, mywhen i have the power adapter plugged in. When i plug it out it works wihtout any problems. I got a Screenshot of the Windows Event Viewer does that tell anything about that? I got a Toshiba Satellite L750-16V with Windows10x64. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell g3 randomly shuts off